Recent content by Caron

  1. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    I sometimes feel I’ll never feel normal again. This knee feels alien and both my hips ache. And don’t think I’ll ever sleep right through again. Sometimes it’s just hard to be positive and I think today is one of them days
  2. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    3months in and feels like I’m going back over some days. Some days are great, walking without stick, hardly any limp then boom, wake up day after, knee feels heavy, tight, hardly any bend and need stick as limp is back. I just wasn’t made aware of the full recovery time. How are others at 3...
  3. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Can anyone tell me please, does the tight band feeling just disappear. I know it can take months, but does it just disappear over night and once gone does it ever come back. x
  4. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Quick question also, is it normal for operated knee to feel warmer at night time please
  5. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    @Jockette thank you, wasn’t sure how to link threads
  6. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    61/2 weeks in, not so quick up date. Doing really well around the house, cooking full meals for myself and husband, washing and drying dishes, polishing dusting and vacuuming, changing bedding, managing to climb into bath to use shower( only have shower over bath, not walk in shower) and...
  7. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Happy New Year everyone and best wishes for good and quick healing. Just a quick question, how long did people still feel the need to use crutches. I’m just over 5 weeks post op, managing with one or no crutches (depend on swelling) around the house and on stairs but still feel the need for both...
  8. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Hi Belinda, how far are you into your new knee please and how you coping. Some days I feel I’m doing great only to get up next day and feel like I’m back to square one. Do find this site amazing though and makes you realise we’re not alone
  9. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Think I over did last few days, knee was like a pudding last night, very “heavy”, stiff and painful, so today on the sofa, leg elevated toes above nose, and plenty of ice. I will get there slowly but surely x
  10. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Hi Layla, after a bad week last week ( I got a UTI and the antibiotics knock me for 6, spent 3 days up stairs in my bedroomnear the toilet) I know feel like I’m back on track although knee does feel like a block of concrete. Managing my ROM exercises and I’ve had a couple afternoons out. Even...
  11. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Thanks Layla, unfortunately I don’t see physio until the New Year. I was doing the stairs no problem when I first got home. Think it was the feeling of hyperextension after my trip and pain in my quads which has set off this fear. I’m having a day of RICE today and staying upstairs, then tackle...
  12. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Consultant appointment cancelled till mid January !!! Lost all confidence going up and down stairs since trip a couple of days ago and ? straining quad muscles, having panic attacks at top of stairs ( even came down stairs on my bottom last night ) any help please
  13. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Thank you, I’m see my surgeon tomorrow. Pain is worse when going up and down stairs so maybe pulled quads, I’ll check tomorrow
  14. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Thank you. Also yesterday while out, I felt that I had hyperextended my joint while stepping down from an awkward step. It was very painful and today my knee feels a lot stiffer and finding it harder to bend knee and knee appears to have a dent just under knee cap. Is it possible to damage new...
  15. Caron

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Should I still be using a leg raiser beginning of week 4 post op. Find it impossible to straight leg raise still. I also use my non op leg to raise op leg too. Feel useless
Back
Top Bottom