Recent content by Carolineellie

  1. Carolineellie

    THR I am titanium!

    I cant wait for my 6 week check next week, seems to be forever, so glad my injections are over, hated that, I just want to feel abit more normal. All seems ok so hope my check is ok and i can drive again and have a shower and a few more normal things. Dont like to look at the scar, but it...
  2. Carolineellie

    THR I am titanium!

    Great to hear from ou all, I have had a low day today, think I am struggling with the isolation, missing work, really want a shower too. xxx all i want for christmas is too feel abit more normal,
  3. Carolineellie

    THR I am titanium!

    a milestone for me today, no more injections, last one was last night and two weeks for my 6 week check, I cant wait for that, really want a shower, can I lay on my side at night, I swear I will never moan again !!!
  4. Carolineellie

    THR I am titanium!

    my worst pain was the day after surgery when the nurse tried to roll me to change the bedding, I screamed the place down in pain, when the physio came she was great and helped me get out of the bed properly, felt traumatised, worse than child birth pain
  5. Carolineellie

    THR Had THR just over a week ago

    Thanks for your replies, so good to know you are all out there, felt very isolated... I still dont like to look at the scar, but I know each day it will fade more and more, was such a shock to have this done, was so fit, ran half marathons etc. I m hoping to join the gym after my six week...
  6. Carolineellie

    THR Had THR just over a week ago

    I finally have looked at my scar too, 4 weeks post op - was told at time of the staples being taken out it looked like frankensteins head, I decided this was not the best time to look, I looked today and its healing well, off to the seychelles in April, and I will wear a bikini
  7. Carolineellie

    THR Jojool rides to the other side...

    I am now 4 weeks post op, each day does get easier, I have one more injection to go and 2 weeks for my 6 week check, I need a shower and to lie on my side !!!! Thanks for all the kind posts and now Im feling more postive and not so emotional I will be on the site more often, I even was brave...
  8. Carolineellie

    THR Had THR just over a week ago

    Each day gets a little better, still very emotional though , not sure how to use the site, but think I've. Finally added a thread, would love to hear from anyone else who is going through the same
  9. Carolineellie

    THR Jojool rides to the other side...

    Im new to this site and not sure how I use it !!! I read your posts and they made me feel better, I too want to ride again, my operation is 24th October and Im petrified, but I know I cant live life to the full with this pain, just didnt think at 50 I would be having a hip replacement, but I'm...
  10. Carolineellie

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    I will be having right hip replaced 24th October, I am getting very nervous right now
Back
Top Bottom