Hi Bonesmarties, I was here nine years ago when I had my left knee replaced. I am scheduled to have the other knee done Tuesday, July 19th. I am a bit nervous because I am nine years older and not in great shape but I need some relief from the constant pain in that knee. Unfortunately, my...
Jo, I haven't been on the board for quite a while but when I saw your post about your up-coming surgery I just had to post to let you know how much I appreciated you and your advice before and after my surgery in July, 2013. My surgeon was not very informative at all but you and all of the...
Jean, it is so good to hear how well you are doing! If you remember, I had my knee done about the same time as you had your first one done. While, I have not done as well as you, I do think I am making good progress. We just returned from a 700 mile trip to Tennessee and my knee was fine. I...
I have not heard from the PA since my Ct scan Tuesday. I called today and his nurse said she would get the scan and have him call me about it. That was 11:00 and she called back at 4:45 and, of course, I missed the call.
I did go by today and got a copy of the written report and the good...
Josephine, thanks for getting back to me. The PT gave me three exercises to do at home. I was pretty conscientious about them at first and in last few weeks have been less consistent.
One is lying on side and lifting leg straight out for 20 reps (2 sets) This is to strengthen the quads. This...
I had a LTKR July 3, 2013 and felt my recovery went quite well. I had six weeks of PT twice a week and had an excellent physical therapist. I saw the surgeon in late December and told him I had tightness and pain from back of the knee along the side when I walked. He said, "Something must be...
Hi Jean, I just read your post and I am still shaking my head at how great you did! I was just reading a piece on Yahoo about former President George W Bush and it mentioned he had a knee replacement recently and I immediately wondered where he went. You have answered that question and it...
Hi Sandy! I have not been on here for awhile but I wanted to congratulate you on your incredible progress! It sounds like you have grabbed hold of the active life you want! You have been such an inspiration. My one-year anniversary is next month and I was remembering tonight what a lifeline...
Trisha, glad you are doing so well! Jane is right, you can easily over to. I finished PT last week and yesterday was acting as if I had never had surgery. I woke up during the night with intense pain in my knee and leg. At 4 o'clock I will sitting in the living room icing my knee. I am at 12...
Jane, I went 12 times for an hour each and worked hard the entire hour. Every exercise Idea seemed to have a purpose. I agree with you. I would not have done these Exercises at home. There were several exercises that PPT assistant did with me. That was even more motivating.
Jamie is right. You have plenty of time to Get more range of motion. I finished six weeks of PT on Thursday. I only got to 115. The surgeon said that was fine . He thinks I will pick up at least five more degrees in the next Few months.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.