Recent content by Carmencita

  1. C

    TKR MY RECOVERY FROM 8/19/21 TKA

    Hi @jaystan7192 I was very encouraged to read your post. You are doing brilliantly and it gives me hope! I am 61 had my RTKR on 12 Feb and my LTKR just over a week ago on 21 September. I’m not an athlete or in competition, but I love exercise……swim, yoga, walk, gym, bike….and up to a year ago...
  2. C

    ORIF Broken Femur/ORIF surgery Dec. 20, 2020.

    Hi @liam2015 I do hope I am posting in the correct place and not disrupting someone else’s thread! I hope you are continuing to improve, reading your story you’ve had quite a journey. The reason for posting is that I think I read somewhere that your husband is also having knee problems...
  3. C

    TKR other post op things to consider

    Hi @Irongirl56 and welcome! Lots of good advice here from people who know. I am coming up to 11 weeks since RTKR. Have been very active most of my life - running, swimming, biking, horse riding, yoga, gym, dog walking, plus lots of aerobics when it was fashionable and I was a lot younger. I had...
  4. C

    Bilateral TKR tinwoodswoman's recovery journal

    Great post thank you so much:loll:
  5. C

    TKR Birdwatcher's recovery thread

    @Birdwatcher THANK YOU! What a great post. It is soooo very hard to accept that we are no longer Superwomen! I know that feeling. I get so envious when I see people out running because I want to be them, but finding peace with yourself and your limitations is one of the hardest things on this...
  6. C

    TKR Osteopenia and osteoporosis

    Hi @Jo Wo The experts here will, I’m sure, have more of a professional answer to your question. From my experience, (I have osteopenia and RA) my surgeon said it was not a great concern when he did my TKR 8 weeks ago - however he did say he was going to be “extra gentle” due to the osteopenia...
  7. C

    TKR Osteoporosis and TKR

    Hi @Cementless i just read your post about your sister. I have osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, spondylolisthesis of lumbar vertebrae. I had TKR on 12 Feb. I am doing well and I am blown away by how strong and stable the new knee feels after only 8 weeks! I also have bow legs. On top of this...
  8. C

    TKR Carmencita in recovery

    Hi all. I am approaching 8 weeks since RTKR and overall doing well. Still struggling a little with ROM but heeding the advice here and not worrying too much about it! I’m finally back caring for my 2 ponies again and walking my dogs which is wonderful. The knee feels good and strong, still have...
  9. C

    TKR LTKR April 1 - bending knee hurts

    Hi. I wouldn’t worry too much about not being able to lift your operated leg - I believe this is very normal early on after the op. It was about a week before I could lift mine. It felt like a heavy lump of wood - log leg - don’t forget everything in your joint has been disturbed so has a knock...
  10. C

    TKR Sisss - Recovery Thread

    WOW! That’s a LOT of PT! I’m a bit of an action girl and really trying hard to do my PT to keep things mobile, BUT, at the same time, find a balance. As all the experts here have said, you are probably doing more harm than good to a new knee. Don’t forget that all the soft tissue, ligaments and...
  11. C

    TKR Extended walk

    Hi @Stagbrook. I’m a few days behind you I had my TKR on 12 Feb. I can relate to all you are saying, esp the extension, I am working on it but I think if your ROM was limited before the op then it may take longer to get it back after. It’s difficult to find a balance between wanting to be out...
  12. C

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Hi @19Nell62 . Sorry to hear experiencing problems after your TKR. Although I can’t offer any advice I just wanted to say it must be very irritating and worrying when you were making such great progress. As I’m sure you’ve read on here already - recovery isn’t a straight line and there are many...
  13. C

    TKR A New Day

    Well done @Sisterpat - hope you have a great recovery!
  14. C

    TKR Knee huge, swollen and painful can they still operate?

    Hello @Biker62 i just read your post. I had TKR on 12 Feb. 10 days before I had a big bleed into my knee and the swelling was massive - like a melon. I was limping around on a cane, and I had exactly the same fear that it would be too swollen to operate. However when I checked with my OS he...
  15. C

    TKR Norsk's Pre-Op

    Hi @Norsk just stopping by to wish you the very best for your surgery tomorrow.
Back
Top Bottom