Recent content by Can can girl

  1. C

    TKR How’s Everyone Doing?

    I’m almost six months post op and most of the time now I don’t even remember I had my knee replaced- it’s that good! Can walk for a good few miles uphill and down. Have done flights and long coach journeys with no trouble. However, I do notice that it is still slightly warm on the outer side...
  2. C

    TKR Long Recovery

    So there you are - you wanted to stay longer shopping. Can you imagine the first couple of weeks post op even thinking of going shopping . All I wanted to do was get back in bed and then I couldn’t sleep. So shows how much you have improved !! First two weeks post op I thought I would never...
  3. C

    TKR Long Recovery

    That’s exactly how I felt after PT. Exhausted and sore for two or three days. So I thought ‘sod this’.I havnt been now for weeks and my next (and last one I would think) is on 24th April. The first PT I saw was the most miserable person you could meet. I really disliked him. When I saw the...
  4. C

    TKR Long Recovery

    I had a non robotic TKR Feb 2nd. At 4.5 weeks I felt like I would never do normal things again and it’s was quite an emotional time. Gradually I ‘forgot’ to use the crutch so was able to walk without. Six weeks I seemed to ‘turn the corner’. I will say that I stopped the hard PT and just...
  5. C

    TKR How’s Everyone Doing?

    Yes much better thank you. Almost feel like me again . I don’t use a crutch or stick anymore and can get in and out of cars better than before. Nothing that I can’t do in the house really. Have managed to go out with a friend and hubby for lunch a few times. Can now sit on a normal sofa...
  6. C

    TKR What did I get myself into?

    Im five weeks post op. I cut my exercises right down. Still do the stretching. But if I did what the physio wanted I couldn’t sleep at night and the next day I felt awful. I have good bend and my leg is as flat as the other one. So I experimented and once I cut the exercises down I slept all...
  7. C

    TKR What did I get myself into?

    I’m five weeks post and find that I have to do the exercises gently. Too much walking stops me sleeping at night and then next day is awful. I didn’t walk far anyway but I’ve realised now what causes stiffness and exhaustion so I don’t do too much. Having a shower and washing my hair tired me...
  8. C

    TKR TKR booked for May 2023...very nervous after trawling google

    Forgot to say a girl in the village where I live has just had her first TKR and she is only 49 ! She is also getting the other one done soon.
  9. C

    TKR TKR booked for May 2023...very nervous after trawling google

    I had mine done five weeks ago in the UK. I had my op at 17.30 one day and was home by 18.30 the next day. I now have no pain and not on any pain medication. I’m taking things easy regarding exercises and have learnt not to do too much of anything. But I do find i need to rest a lot...
  10. C

    TKR Had my rt tkr Feb 1st.

    I had my left TKR done early Feb. I’m five weeks post op. Last night I couldn’t sleep until 03.20. Just couldn’t get knee in a good position. No pain just restless.Such a shame as yesterday I felt great and other three nights had slept all night. Maybe walked a bit further than usual...
  11. C

    TKR How’s Everyone Doing?

    Yes, please change the title to - how’s everyone doing / or something g you thing suitable. Regarding posting do I just continue on my original posts ?
  12. C

    TKR How’s Everyone Doing?

    Just asking all the February Valentines how they are doing. I’m five weeks post op but still need to sleep in the afternoon. In fact today, I slept for two hours and then an later in the afternoon. Do you have days when you feel just ‘not quite right, then days then when you feel good. I...
  13. C

    TKR Left TKR February 7, 2023

    I’m five weeks post op. Feel so much better since I’ve cut down the exercises and just do the stretching really. Sleep all night and don’t feel unwell next day. Have no actual pain unless ‘baby knee’ feels it’s in a wrong position. Can sleep on one side but the other side even with a pillow...
  14. C

    TKR Awake during surgery

    I’m in the UK and had an epidural. I was asked how awake I wanted to be. I said ‘not completely out but didn’t want to be seeing what was happening’. But to be honest the next thing I knew I was waking up and it was all done.
  15. C

    TKR Left TKR February 7, 2023

    I also had TKR in my left knee on 2nd Feb. I’ve found that the exercises the Physio have given me on the second appt cause me problems. After doing them I couldn’t sleep that night and actually felt unwell the next day - probably similar to exhaustion. So I’ve decided to slow it all down...
Back
Top Bottom