Recent content by CAHippie

  1. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    @bottomshollow My patience hat has been adjusted. I am back in recuperation reality mode. I am still doing PT in the pool twice a week. I believe I have two maybe three remaining pool sessions then it is back to the PT's office for more therapy there. I enjoy the hour long sessions, being...
  2. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    @Jp9294 Good to know it takes a bit more time to comfortably lay/sleep on one's operated hip. Guess I'm trying to rush things. Oh well, I'm putting on my patience hat, I am after all in RECOVERY mode ( :sigh: sigh). I've a question, does anyone have difficulty sitting for a long period of...
  3. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    Friday, Mar 28 - 24 days post op. I had my first PT in the pool. Before getting into the pool the PT checked my incision, all was well thank goodness. I will have six sessions over a three week period. The water PT sessions are one hour, you're monitored and reminded to take it easy. First I...
  4. CAHippie

    2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    @funnybone I think being nervous is natural. I was a total wreak to be honest, however, having found the Bonesmart forum was a Godsend. The folks here have been a wealth of information. The information helped me prepare, fore-warned is fore-armed. My surgery was Mar 4, I had my right hip...
  5. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    @MountainGirl So glad we are still in sync. Today I had my last in-home PT with Julie; she's a very nice young lady and has been very encouraging. I keep thinking things should be moving much faster but she, like all of the BS crew here keep saying take your time, listen to your body. My OS...
  6. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    13 days post-op. Yesterday was a busy day, I had my first post-op visit with the OS, the bandage was removed and I got a first glimpse of my incision...not the best looking thing I've seen but the hip pain relief makes me feel like a new person. Next week I start outpatient PT, I'll have an...
  7. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    @Josephine LOL, you're right my dear. Point of clarification I have no hip pain thank goodness.
  8. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    @MsFit1 The injections to my tummy was a medication called Arixtra. This needle-phobe had to receive this injection once a day while in the hospital to help prevent deep venous thrombosis. Now that I'm home I'm taking 325mg of coated aspirin twice a day for two weeks tapering off to once a...
  9. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    @Josephine Thanks for the advice on the anti-emetic medication. I did call the doctors office and received a different prescription. However, realizing I still have/had very little or no pain, I've opted not to take any more of the prescribed narcotics; one due to the stomach issues and two...
  10. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    Who knew a one hour time change could be so confusing when it comes to taking my meds. Guess it just proves how powerful these meds can be. The meds are still upsetting my stomach but tummy upset is still better than hip pain. I have to say, and gladly so, still have not experienced any...
  11. CAHippie

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    You bone smarties are right...waiting is the worst. It is 11:10am and I've been home about 10 minutes. Anterior surgery went very well. OS says it was "text book". Since day one I have had absolutely NO PAIN. OS has a medical concoction that seems to really work. I was in a room around...
  12. CAHippie

    Darn! I've got a cold

    @Madowa Thanks for asking; the worse day of my cold is the day I had my pre-op with my OS. I called ahead of my appointment to inform the office I had a cold; I did not want to show up and pass along my germs to anyone that might also be scheduled for surgery. Upon my arrival, I was...
  13. CAHippie

    THR Feb 21st is the day...soon moving to the other side

    @bamagirl you are doing really well in your recovery. You're both candid and encouraging on your recovery journey. WELL DONE! Five more days and I'll be there too.
  14. CAHippie

    2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    Had my pre-op appt with OS yesterday afternoon, my cold is not going to stop the show. I took two days off work and I'm feeling better. My OS said as long as I don't have a fever, and I'm not (the gross part) coughing or blowing colors, I'm good to go. I had a final x-ray, the tech looked at...
  15. CAHippie

    Darn! I've got a cold

    I'm six days from surgery and I've caught a cold. Is a cold reason enough to postpone surgery? Any tips on how to quickly get rid of a cold? I cannot believe this!:gaah:
Back
Top Bottom