Recent content by cabbageandbacon

  1. cabbageandbacon

    Just got the bad news. Scared and feel too young

    I had the full replacement in April 2013 when I was 41, best thing that happened to me bar the birth of my kids. Suffered from when I was in my early 30's with bone on bone hip pain. Long story short, I now cycle, run, squat almost 100kgs and generally get about like a someone without a care in...
  2. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    1 year on since my operation, now sitting at 11st 13 pounds or 167 for those on the other side of the pond. I had my 1st year review and all is well, i'll be seen again on year 5. No effect from the hip at all, the cycling and the Spin classes are working a treat. Can honestly say that it's...
  3. cabbageandbacon

    THR Break on through to the other side

    @Daooneill No worries mate, i'm happy to answer any questions relating to my recovery. But do take heed of the advise that Josephine has posted above, it certainly does help in the long run.
  4. cabbageandbacon

    THR Break on through to the other side

    You'll be bouncing about in no time, i had mine done in April up in Belfast Musgrave Park Hospital. 6 weeks later i was off the crutches and 8 weeks spinning away on my Spin bike indoors. No pain or side effects at all, still can't sleep on my back though so i lie on my stomach as usual though i...
  5. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    Butterfly : 14 pounds in a stone over here, well everywhere lol. bottomshollow : Thanks for that, it's getting easier as i get lighter alright. Maeve : The 90 degree rule wouldn't affect you on the bike, unless you didn't have the seat height sorted properly. Too low and your knees would...
  6. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    Hello again folks, Just a quick 8 week update almost...:) Changed my fitness routine, now doing 4 spin classes a week before work. Great routine to get into and i find i have a lot more energy than before, 45 minutes a class and then a mile walk into work sets me up well for the day ahead...
  7. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    Hello folks, just a quick update. Back to work a week now and things are great, no problems with the hip and the training is going great. So far i've 24 pounds off me in total, i'm under 13 stone for the 1st time in years. Feeling a lot lighter on my feet now so it's easier to chase round my...
  8. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    Hello again folks, been a while again it seems. Anyway, i'm almost 6 months post op and all is grand bar a few issues with my back. Not 100% sure it's related but the physio seems to think not but is happy enough to work on it for me. As for my hip, well what can i say? Everything is great...
  9. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    Hello again folks, just a quick 4 monthish update from myself. I've been getting physio which has helped me a lot, starting to loosen up a lot more but still a few niggles that will take a while to ease out. I still have that groin area pain, but the therapist says that it's severe muscle...
  10. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    clarabo 1st off, i'm loving the kid in the Celtic shirt i'm a Celtic fan myself, along with Cliftonville over here in Belfast. I get what you're saying with the painkillers, it's a weird one alright as you'd think that once the pain is gone then that's it. I told the wife that i was feeling...
  11. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    Kim22 I meant to respond to you in your own thread after your review with the surgeon. I actually read that and wished that my own was as thorough as yours. Mine just told me the pain would go away and to do non weight bearing exercises and i'll see you in a year. No X rays, scans etc etc...I...
  12. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    clarabo I think my problem was that i thought i should be further along than i am at the minute. I really needed to sit back and just let nature take it's course and be patient, not something i'm good at to be honest. On another note the pain at night has died down a little but it's still...
  13. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    sandybeach Never worry about calling by, we all get pre-occupied with other things and it happens. How are you walking at the minute? Are things going to plan for you? These 2 months have flown in for me, i'm glad to be off the crutches to be honest. I nearly broke my neck more often...
  14. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    zauberflöte I found it weird myself, it hurts when i lay on my side(s) and on my back but not on my stomach. I'm now down for physiotherapy so i'll listen to what they have to say and take their advice from there. I'll know it'll be alright in the long run, just wish i wasn't so impatient...
  15. cabbageandbacon

    THR On the the other side at last!

    Josephine I get what you're saying certainly, the thing that threw me initially was the fact that i was suffering what i perceived to be the same pain as before my operation. I'll take your point on the meds, i was only using them if i needed them which i thought was the right thing to do at...
Back
Top Bottom