Recent content by Caaot

  1. Caaot

    Recovery time estimate for teachers

    Thanks for feedback. Yes, I said today "No more with the stainless steel implement"! Good thought to stop PT once I return to work. I will be totally wiped!
  2. Caaot

    Recovery time estimate for teachers

    Greetings all ! I haven't been on in a bit. I'm approaching week 8 and still doing pretty well. After meeting with surgeon I am extending my return to work at college by 2 weeks. Still having regular pain especially late afternoon /evening and moderate swelling. I work afternoon into early...
  3. Caaot

    TKR How critical is extension?

    Hello, I too can relate to all you are saying. My RTKR was 6/9/16 and I too feel like it's quite the roller coaster ride. I was in tears this morning due to continuing sleep disruptions and the stiffness,swelling and helmet-like feeling that is my new knee. I try to remind myself that "this too...
  4. Caaot

    TKR MUA at 9 months?

    I am 6 weeks post RTKR and also have regular night pain and the knee stiffness/swelling others describe. My OS appointment yesterday went well. My ROM and extension coming along well. He agreed swelling/ stiffness does impact this and felt continuing with Tylenol and a night hydrocodone...
  5. Caaot

    TKR New beginning July 20, 2016

    Wishing you all the best. Being scared makes total sense. Felt same way. Try and remember to breathe and take it moment to moment. Sending calming and healing thoughts your way. Best, Cindy ( 5.5 weeks post TKR)
  6. Caaot

    TKR caaot My TKR is tomorrow morning

    Thanks all for your input. I have new script for pain meds. Also plan to request massage a part of PT. At my final home session given one. Incredibly helpful. Is this a something my spouse or I can do safely? Could use this daily for stiffness\ swelling. Any instructions available for this...
  7. Caaot

    TKR Narcotic pain killers 4 weeks out?'

    I also have a question about pain meds. I am 4 plus weeks post TKR and will start outpatient PT next week. I have been tapering off hydrocodone past 2weeks down to 3 tabs P/day. I will be out of meds well before PT starts. I still experience a fair amount of pain especially after PT exercize and...
  8. Caaot

    Bilateral TKR The journey starts now

    Wishing you a good recovery! Day by day really is the only way to go! Cindy
  9. Caaot

    TKR Advice!!<

    Prior to my surgery I had periods where leg seemed to "fall asleep". Often at work after too much desk time or long periods of standing and at times on my long commutes. I would need to shake it awake. Particulars of my accident remain unclear. I remember pain in entire leg and literally blacked...
  10. Caaot

    TKR Advice!!<

    I asked yesterday for thoughts on how to gauge readiness to drive. My RTKR was June 9th and as I've posted have been doing well in terms of mobility and having similar pain issues to others. I am planning to return to work on Sept.1st (12 weeks out). My 4 day a week commute is 37 miles each way...
  11. Caaot

    TKR Advice!!<

    Hello and I'm amazed you are doing so well so early. This forum has been a great reminder for me to pace myself and not overdo which is more my nature! I'm a bit beyond 3 weeks from my RTKR and still doing quite well. I am supposed to start outpatient PT on the 13th. I am in no hurry to start...
  12. Caaot

    How did you guys ice?

    The hospital sent me home with a Cryo Cuff. In the hospital it was going constantly powered by a machine. The home version is the the cuff wrap and a large container to hold ice and cold water. It has a tube running from container to cuff. Gravity controls flow.Provides good compression and...
  13. Caaot

    Recovery time estimate for teachers

    Hello, I am a college administrator and teacher 2.5 weeks post op for TKR. I am supposed to return on 8/22 for adminstrative role. Have been doing well thus far but not sure what to expect when time gets close. I work days and teach at night. Long 37 mile drive each way. Guess I will have to...
  14. Caaot

    TKR One year today!

    Congrats! Great to hear. Enjoy!!
  15. Caaot

    TKR caaot My TKR is tomorrow morning

    Thank you Josephine for the "merger". Will go in and follow the protocol as outlined.
Back
Top Bottom