Recent content by buzzybee

  1. buzzybee

    TKR Grandma Chris gets a new knee!

    Hi Grandma Chris, I’m at the 6 month stage too - and my knee is going well. Still a bit slow on stairs. Great to hear your progress! I still have a numb/weird spot too. I go for an x-ray and checkup with my surgeon soon. I go to a pilates class once a week and also hydrotherapy, which I love...
  2. buzzybee

    TKR Buzzed over to the Other Side

    Yes @Celle, I think I have been over-confident as I was so well medicated for those first two weeks! Now my meds are being gradually reduced I am slowing down - less buzzing around for me, more delegation, more recliner, ice and Lounge Doctor! The bruising has mostly disappeared except for some...
  3. buzzybee

    TKR Buzzed over to the Other Side

    Hello all! I had my two week surgeon appointment on Wednesday. He removed the last dressing, and I saw my new knee in all its glory for the first time! The incision looks good (better than I was expecting), but it does feel weird. Grandkids recoiled in horror when they first saw it :yikes:. My...
  4. buzzybee

    TKR Buzzed over to the Other Side

    The change of scenery was great! I think knowing I can’t drive for a few weeks just makes me want to go somewhere. Has anyone been to the movies in the first weeks after surgery? The Gold Class recliners are pretty comfortable here - only danger would be falling asleep and missing the movie :loll:
  5. buzzybee

    TKR Buzzed over to the Other Side

    Yea! My new knee is one week old today! I have taken her out to lunch at a restaurant once (cabin fever! Regretted it later :no-fin:), a short supermarket trip using trolly as walker, visit to pharmacy to get some witch hazel for rainbow leg, rest of time spent icing, elevating, falling asleep...
  6. buzzybee

    TKR Buzzed over to the Other Side

    @kmak81230 - I’m reluctantly getting used to having the TEDs stocking on! It does give good support. Do you ice over the top of the stocking? One knee wrap I have says don’t use over clothing and the ice-bag type from the hospital gets wet pretty quickly. I have quite a rainbow coloured leg with...
  7. buzzybee

    TKR Buzzed over to the Other Side

    Had a busy day yesterday, and afterwards my leg felt stiff with more bruising appearing. I’m trying to ice and elevate as much as I can and that does help. I’m walking quite well with 1 crutch, no pain weight bearing on my new knee, but hurts when lowering to sit down. My pain meds are 1 10mg...
  8. buzzybee

    TKR Grandma Chris gets a new knee!

    Ha ha! @GrandmaChris - I spent my first night home downstairs on a sofa bed as I find it easier to get in and out of when needed for the dreaded bathroom “run”. I’m going to go upstairs later on for a shower, then back down for the day to the recliner and lots of ice!
  9. buzzybee

    TKR Buzzed over to the Other Side

    Thanks @sistersinhim - yes, I am home now and things are going well so far. I only had a short car trip and it was’nt too painful getting in and out of the car. I’m using crutches at home. I’ve had one trial trip up and down our stairs, with my husband with me and that went ok, repeating the...
  10. buzzybee

    TKR Buzzed over to the Other Side

    Today had large outer bandage and drain removed, and first shower. It feels wonderful to be fresh and clean! I now have compression stocking on my operated leg, lovely white one . I’m walking well with crutches and physio will get me onto stairs today. We have 13 steps up to our bedroom so will...
  11. buzzybee

    At last!

    Best wishes for a great recovery. A new knee is worth the wait!
  12. buzzybee

    TKR Grandma Chris gets a new knee!

    Glad to hear you’re doing so well! I too am trying to keep ahead of the pain, it really makes a difference. There are no cryo-cuffs here but I have a knee wrap thing with ice bag which does the trick, although I find it heavy over the wound. Visiting the loo is my biggest bugbear - having to...
  13. buzzybee

    TKR Buzzed over to the Other Side

    I made it! Surgery yesterday went well. I had a spinal and was pleased I did! I had a restless night with compression cuffs, blood pressure sleeve and a giant ice wrap on my knee. I’m taking all the pain relief I can. Apparently my blood pressure was a bit low. Managed a couple of bathroom trips...
  14. buzzybee

    Tomorrow’s the day!

    Thankyou @Jockette and @skigirl. Not long to go now! I have only a short trip to hospital, so will be just taking it easy this morning. Have my Lounge Doctor ready and ice packs filling the freezer! And have asked the cats not to jump on my knee when I get home
  15. buzzybee

    Question about Berg Intelli Flo Knee Pad

    @GrandmaChris All the best for your surgery - hope you are nice and relaxed after your holiday!
Back
Top Bottom