Recent content by BumbleB

  1. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    Sorry I haven't updated - two weeks ago my mother was put in hospice care. I thank God that my recovery has been so uneventful, because I was able to fly to Tampa to spend her last days with her. I wish my father had been more forthcoming about the seriousness of her condition so I could have...
  2. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    I had my first PT session today. It was a wonderful moment being able to walk into the office without a limp and without any pain, after dragging myself in there before the hip replacement when I shuffled and could hardly walk. The therapist beamed and said, "I knew you'd well with the...
  3. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    @fiberlady it is a lot easier to just RELAX with the pups snuggling next to me! I finally feel like I can just rest. @Cynthia777 Thanks! The worst part of this has been the nausea! I have been upset to my stomach more days than not! Even the dr was surprised, but I warned him I have a...
  4. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    I ran into my first real hiccup. On Saturday, my stomach decided it did not like the Oxy. I spent the whole Labor Day weekend curled in a ball of misery. So now I am on Tramadol, and I just started feeling better last night. I had to reschedule my PT - it's now on Friday. The dogs were...
  5. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    @Baybee Yup, I starting elevating Thursday. I didn't think of it when I first got home from the hospital, and the BF had to collect some pillows from other rooms.
  6. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    @CricketHip - My insurance won't pay for it, but it is worth the $300. The place I am renting it from brought it to my hospital room, showed my boyfriend how to use it (I was still kind of foggy), and they will pick it up from the house in 2 weeks. I wasn't going to to rent it because of the...
  7. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    I have been lounging around, reading, since my last update. The pain has decreased significantly. I spend most of the day (and night!) hooked up to the Thermo Tek machine. The cooling pad is keeping the swelling down, and the compression cuffs are supposed to prevent blood clots. It's a...
  8. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    @sharonslp & @Jaycey - The first few weeks after an injury, we ride a walk/trot horse (bomb proof) on a line, at a walk, and basically do stretches or PT on horseback. There is no way my instructor would allow me to get on one of her horses and just ride. She's a certified therapy...
  9. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    @CricketHip my joint issue is from loading trailers at UPS and playing DDR for hours and hours every day for years, in addition to my asthma meds. Or so people say. They might have just been faulty to begin with! It's funny because the people in my life that don't like horses blame them and...
  10. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    @JanetLynn trust me, this is taking it easy for me. I get extremely stressed out if Im not doing something. heating up prepped meals and working remotely for 1/2 an hour a day isn't too taxing, and the pain gets worse when I just sit around. I am napping -OK, catching up on my reading. I...
  11. BumbleB

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    I survived my surgery! Here’s some background info: I have been suffering from arthritis for about a year and a half. It became almost unbearable in May. I went to PT, but the therapist told me I needed a new hip. He did show me some exercises to do, but he cautioned that the only “fix” was...
  12. BumbleB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    I survived! Tuesday was a terrible day that started with the hospital telling me that they couldn't verify my insurance, even though they had done it the day before. As if I wasn't stressed out enough! Of course everything was closed because my surgery was at 7. Then I had a horrible upset...
  13. BumbleB

    Question about pets

    I survived! I have a rough two days, but I am starting to feel better today. I'll post up a recovery thread later today or tomorrow.
  14. BumbleB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    @JanB - I am counting down the days! The surgeon's office has called twice to see if I would do the procedure as outpatient. I said no way! I have no idea what to expect, or how well I will tolerate the anesthesia, so, just, NO. I am scheduled for a one night stay. Since I am a fussy...
  15. BumbleB

    Question about pets

    @fiberlady I'm so glad I posted the question here, because the thought of not snuggling with the furbabies was really depressing me
Back
Top Bottom