Recent content by bteem-dfw

  1. B

    TKR bteem-dfw post op 1 week ago

    I am at 4 mo's recovery. walking up to 3 miles at a time with no pain in knee. Question is, what should I still be doing to strengthen knee? I still get a slight bit of swelling but taking Vimovo helps. Have more good days than bad. Just want to keep moving forward with recovery.
  2. B

    Knee feels good before surgery

    My left knee felt great the week before my replacement. I can only tell you that day after surgery the physician came in and said my knee was totally shot. I am now 9 weeks post op and for the first time I can tell you I am glad to have had it done. Please ask questions here of people, TONS n...
  3. B

    My LTHR coming soon March 24, 2017

    I had both of my hips done in the year 2011. It was something that scared me going into it but honestly hips if you do all the things that they ask you to do exercise wise you will have no problems and be so glad that you had this done. I am five weeks post op from having my left knee totally...
  4. B

    Incredibly trivial but helps keep my mind off my surgery

    When I had both hips replaced I had a bicycle bell to ring when I needed help etc. My son put it on my walker after having the knee done. My not be the best decoration per say but it is there if you need to summon someone in the house that is not right there. Good luck on your recovery.
  5. B

    TKR bteem-dfw post op 1 week ago

    Quick update, went to do post op review with dr this past Tuesday. He likes where I am at. Says come back in 6 weeks. In mean time going to stop home physical therapy end of this week and start out patient on Monday. Graduated to a cane and walking every day. Go back to work and drive when I...
  6. B

    TKR bteem-dfw post op 1 week ago

    Just checking that bruising like this is normal. I am icing it higher than I had been based on this bruise showing up today.
  7. B

    TKR bteem-dfw post op 1 week ago

    The P.T. that was "brutal" towards me I fired last week. The new one started this past Monday we are clicking as far as my expectations and no hurting. In fact she may transition me to a cane in the new few days if things keep progressing. But as she said this is not a 5k race, this is a...
  8. B

    TKR bteem-dfw post op 1 week ago

    Okay from what I am seeing and hearing ( loud and clear) take 1 hydro every 4 hours and if p.t. does their thing and I do mine ( icing, resting etc ) we should be on the happier faces as far as pain goes on a daily routine.
  9. B

    TKR bteem-dfw post op 1 week ago

    I was sent home with a script of hydrocodone 10/325 200 qty. I can take one or two every 4-6 hours as needed. Last weds 3 days post op the wheels came off pain wise and I was taking the 2 every 4-6 hrs. Made me feel so groggy, out of it, miserable and babbling. I hate pain meds so I only...
  10. B

    TKR bteem-dfw post op 1 week ago

    Thought I had a good day today (tuesday 21). Went upstairs to try and sleep in my bed and now at 1 am it hurts to bad to lay in bed with pillows tucked here and there. Back to the recliner for whatever sleep I can get. ANy suggetions on sleep or do what I am doing and get comfortable for as...
  11. B

    TKR bteem-dfw post op 1 week ago

    On Feb 13th I had left TKR. I was first person on the operating schedule for the day as I wanted to get it out of the way. Surgery lasted approx 90 min with having an epidural and twilight sleep. Woke up on recovery and within 15-30 min felt fairly well. Transferred to my room and actually...
  12. B

    TKR Valentines Day Rt TKR

    Don, Congrats on a successful surgery. Mine was done day before yours, on the 13th. Hospital stay was really decent but when I got home and nerve block wore off I was miserable. The home therapy p.t. wasn't much help either so I fired her Friday morning. In mean time my sister who does home...
  13. B

    Is second guessing normal?

    Wow and here I am thinking I'm the only one for second guessing myself about my TLKR tomorrow. Thanks to all who have replied and those who are here to help us "newbies".
  14. B

    Light meal before surgery

    Good luck tomorrow what time is your surgery? I am having mine done as well tomorrow, 7:30 am. All prayers and well wishes welcomed.
  15. B

    What pain meds will I need?

    sorry that I posted under wrong topic but thank you for fixing it. Also Polorbear and Jamie for your thoughts and replies. Dr. office called this morning confirming Monday 5:30 am arrival, asked if they could find an excuse for me not to do this and they said all excuses were used up so...
Back
Top Bottom