Incredibly trivial but helps keep my mind off my surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumberjack55

Country
United States United States
So, has anyone given any thought to decorating their walker? I know some folks have attached those bicycle streamers, which is cute, but are there other things that might be fun?

I'm just throwing that out there because my surgery is next Tuesday and suddenly I have time on my hands while I wait and am looking for some distractions...

:heehee: Good idea! Hadn't thought of doing that but it could add a smile to the process! Post pictures if you do!

Have at it! Sounds like a great way to add some smiles to your day! Good luck with your surgery I look forward to seeing your personalized walker.

I am thinking stick on rhinestones!

No never did..It never left the house.. I used it for a week. I did get a glitzy cane..

Best decoration we used on my dad's walker was a plastic flat bottom basket zip tied to the front. He was able to carry mail, covered drinks and food. I'll be doing the same with my left knee.

Funny as we were having this same discussion last night. My neighbors want a horn (the one with the rubber bulb you squeeze) and led lights. If you have to do it...do it right is what my motto is. You are right...good mental diversion.

I put a basket on mine to help me get things from one place to another. Cheap buck at the dollar store plus zip ties.

dadman.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

Pretty much did the same thing as @KarriB - attached an old plastic trash can to the front with zip ties so I could easily carry reading glasses, phone, ipad, snacks, ice packs, lotion, etc. from room to room.

Wish I had thought of the basket! My daughter surprised me and used duct tape to cover mine. She used cheetah print. Fastest animal...get it? I got all kinds of laughs and compliments on it in rehab! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I had both hips replaced I had a bicycle bell to ring when I needed help etc. My son put it on my walker after having the knee done. My not be the best decoration per say but it is there if you need to summon someone in the house that is not right there. Good luck on your recovery.

Lots of good ideas here - fun and practical, too! Thanks!

This topic has been brought up at least once a year!
But there's always room for another thread!

Thanks, @Josephine! I have so much nervous energy that today I wiped up all the crumbs in my freezer. It's nice to have something else to think about :heehee:

I've seen walkers on line in different colors. I was thinking of getting some Rustoleum spray paint and paint it purple. On my cane I used a tape used to regrip tennis racket handles. Its lavender with red tape at either end. It makes a nice secure grip.

Love that idea, @newlybionic. I hadn't realized tennis grip tape came in colors other than green, which I remember from my son's tennis-playing days.

Gosh, there a lot of stuff to consider -- and I've never been very good at accessorizing. :sad:

Thanks, @Josephine! I have so much nervous energy that today I wiped up all the crumbs in my freezer. It's nice to have something else to think about :heehee:

My in laws had a friend that collected food scraps that were frozen for her dogs. When the MIL's mother was visiting and the family was at work, they came home to a nicely prepared and tasty soup!:wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker