Hi Jamie… thanks so much for your info and advice. I was in an immobilizer for the first 2 weeks after surgery and then a locked brace at 30 degrees for the following two weeks so I did lose the first month of the early rehab. You make a good point about the walker, when I use the cane I’m...
Hi all…been offline for quite awhile, just couldn’t concentrate. Had my left knee revision on Feb. 10th … my OS told me he wished he could put me in a text book, that it was absolutely the worst he’d ever seen and had to pick the old knee components out with his fingers. Said my tissue and...
I should have worded that a little differently, I’m “normally” such an active person and do go a lot. I have been out of my home 3x total since surgery and all were to Drs and PT. I’m not even driving yet so active right now is just planning what my first trip will be when I’m ready :bored:
Oh my! This site was my God send way back in 2008 and 2016 for both my TKRs. Well, here I am again…and hoping it saves my sanity again. Had LTK revision surgery Feb 10, 2023. Both my KR have failed and we chose to do left first as it was more painful. (My RTK is actually worse on film but pain...
Good news ... No infection...
Bad news ... OS not sure why there's so much pain this far out... 3 months tomorrow.
I give up... I'm putting it in the higher hands and going to try to just move on...pain or not.
I still feel I waited too long and all the cortisone shots and synthetics I begged...
Hi @KarriB ... How are you? I'm not getting much relief at all... Went to the OS this morning and his opinion was I should NOT be having this much pain this far out from surgery. He sent me for bloodwork to look for bone or tissue infection, please say a prayer it comes back normal. Will keep...
@pineapple. I'm sorry your siatica probs are wearing you down and affecting your mental being... Believe me, I sympathize with you as this constant pain continues to increase and not decrease in my knee cap area and down my outer thigh and calf. I sit here at 1:15am barely holding on ... Took my...
@pineapple ... I just read thru some of your threads, you're 10 Fay's ahead of me post op...I wish I was doing as well as you seem to be. I still have extreme tightness and pain across my kneecap...stabbing pain... My outside thigh is ridiculously stiff and no quad strength to speak of...I do...
@Newbie tkr so sorry you had a bad night. It must be in the air. I have such pain this morning I can hardly stand it. I have no idea why. Yesterday felt pretty good, I even stopped at the store for a bit but did not over due. I woke about 1/2 hour ago with just shooting pains all thru. I had to...
@KarriB I'm glad you mentioned the cold damp and how it affected your joints today... I haven't had this much pain in over a week with BOTH my knees and other parts...I also had my windows open but did have the furnace on as well ( yes stupid crazy )
Maybe a ranch on a golf course in the dry...
It is freezing here in western Pa! 48 and rainy...guess who's on the golf course? At least that saves me from another bag of popcorn!
Went to the cardiologist today, the ticker is good he tells me... I was worried, did anyone's OS put them on Celebrex after surgery? Mine did, 2x a day...said...
@Walkingon ... Oh my...the responsibility you have towards your job is comparable to when I worked. Never a day off, home at 8 or 9 each night and worrying about the next day until it got there. I finally said enough in 2000 after 25 years and have been retired since. I couldn't imagine...
I don't understand the powers that be and why they want to take something that worked just fine and muck it up... I understand there are peeps who don't have insurance but no one can be refused treatment. It also sickens me how the elderly can't afford their medications so they go...
@Walkingon Welcome in... I'm 4 days behind you post op. How did you ever go back to work??? It's just been this week that I've noticed a difference in the pain levels and activity. Granted I don't want to get out of bed but once up and around its getting easier...baby steps. I still have the...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.