Recent content by Brushis

  1. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

    Thank you doing real well . Can do just about anything I could do at 30 ! It’s a great feeling .
  2. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

    You got that right ! I would say six months will be back to normal with no up sets .
  3. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

    Thank you ! everything is great and can walk with no limp. I’m probably 85% but my body feels the strain when I over do things like walked over 3 1/2 miles the other day and woke up sore.
  4. Brushis

    THR My Recovery Journey

    Hi sweet pea, Why are you in the dark! Did your surgeon explain everything to you! Did you take the pre surgery hip class that tells you everything. Your hospital where your having surgery provides classes for ortho patients have knee & hip replacement.
  5. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

    Hello Everyone, I have been doing fine going to p/t 3 days a week and it’s been helping.I did walk 2 days ago about 3 miles I started limping.I t did way much that day .
  6. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Complete!

    Hello mine took a while about 2.5 weeks for swelling to slip side but every person body is different .keep elevated and ice 3 times a day.
  7. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Complete!

    Good luck ! It’s done . Follow the rules and keep icing both legs with ice man !
  8. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Bilateral THR - Just got my op date & so many questions!

    Good luck on the 7th and keep us posted!
  9. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Bilateral THR - Just got my op date & so many questions!

    Hi Jo You will be fine trust me . I’m 53 and had both replaced on 1-22-20 anterior . I did not have epidural but general anesthesia and did not wake up till In recovery. Was up walking 6 hrs later a few steps hard to remember.The first couple days are tough but the ice and every 3 hrs pain...
  10. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Bilateral THR - Just got my op date & so many questions!

    Hello my name is Shawn. I just went through a bilateral hip replacement surgery date 1-22 -20 what is your surgery date set for ?
  11. Brushis

    Welcome to the January Jackpots' 2020 Hip Recovery Club

    Please add me brushis 1-22-20 bilateral H R
  12. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

    Thank you mo jo ! Yes this is not easy and a lot of rehab to get back to normal. I know I’m getting a little impatient with this swelling but I will settle and do the right things so my body will adjust !
  13. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

    Mo Jo yes I have managed Crutches real well used walker for the first 7 days .I’m walking pretty good and steady and use crutches when needed.Yes my thighs feel the same on day 10 like they were punched and battered .My ankles looked like there both sprained though been soaking them in cold...
  14. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

    Yes I have a walker ! I have crutches , I ice 4 times a day with that being said I keep the ice man both on all night .
  15. Brushis

    Bilateral THR Brushis's Recovery Thread

    Question. My calf’s,ankle, feet all puffed up and swelled .I’m walking and came of crutches also .
Back
Top Bottom