Recent content by BrokenAgain

  1. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    Good Evening! I am feeling a bit better! Still in hospital. OS and Team at Hospital believe I would benefit from time in a Rehabilitation Center. Awaiting approval from my insurance company. I have my pain down to a five from a ten. OS and I have a goal of one week in rehabilitation center...
  2. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    The nurse just came in at 0530CT and told us I was being admitted. She put in an IV. They are giving me a very strong antibiotic via the IV. I am not allowed anything by mouth (NPO) not even my meds. I have not been told anything yet by the ER Dr or my OS. The nurse did tell us my OS called and...
  3. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    The doctors at the ER order bloodwork for everything! Four of the vials were 20mls each and 6 more large test tube looking vials. He apologized for having They couldn't get over: (1) how hot and swollen my knee is (2)noticed that even after benadryl 75mg 4x a day my tongue is swollen and...
  4. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    He's going to take me to ER. We are going as soon as we get shoes on.
  5. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    Any suggestions on how to word the urgency
  6. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    I have no way to get to ER. My husband wants me to wait until Monday and demand to be seen in the office. He doesn't understand it doesn't work that way. He listens to my physical torturer. Who told him yesterday, "the ER can't do anything. She just had major surgery and there is going to be...
  7. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    What frustrates me the most is they KNOW I am allergic to nickel. In 2019, I had major surgery on my spine. The neurosurgeon used 40 staples to close the incisions. I had a severe anaphylaxis reaction to those 40 surgical staples. The staples had to be removed immediately. I was given: a shot...
  8. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    I didnt go to the ER last night because the office has their own lab and I was hoping I could get my blood drawn there and avoid risk of infection from being at ER. That did not work out as I had hoped. Last night I was finally able to get my pain level down to a tolerated 7 and was able to...
  9. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    @InkedMarie I just heard back from orthopaedic office. Hie said, " it's very rare to be allergic to cobalt because there is only a small amount of nickle in it. Advised I go to ER for bloodwork to see if I am having an allergic reaction." Ummmmmm hello! I am allergic to nickle. A small amount...
  10. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    @InkedMarie They have not returned either my call or my husband's call.
  11. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    I have had a horrendous week. My knee pain keeps getting higher not lower. It has been excruciating. I have a high pain threshold and I have been crying for days. No pain medication is making any difference in pain relief. The knee is on ice constantly and is still warm to the touch when I...
  12. B

    TKR Marie’s LTKR thread!

    @InkedMarie I too had an issue with my ice machine night one. Fortunately I had also purchased a gel ice pack made specifically for TKRs. The problem with my ice machine was the plug contact's where not properly fitting into our childproof outlets. An extention cord fixed the problem. We have...
  13. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    I will do my best to update; however when I am in a great deal of pain 9-9.5 on pain scale of 1-10 I don't talk never mind type to anyone. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement and support. :hugzz::hugzz::hugzz: :chuckmarch:<<<maybe someday I can do this?
  14. B

    TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    PT was aggressive yesterday. Extremely aggressive. When I told the therapist the exercise was causing pain and my knee was getting very angry. He told me. "I didn't care. Your job is to do what you are told. I want you doing these exercises every hour plus up and walking." The exercises...
Back
Top Bottom