Recent content by Brigitte

  1. Brigitte

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Hi Stargazer - love your wonderful sense of humor! That in itself will get you through, even on the not so good days! And we all have them! In Canada they are big on Physio, but after a few very painful sessions with my first hip replacement I decided to do things by the way I felt. If it hurts...
  2. Brigitte

    THR Just a little better every day -- I'll take it!

    Hi: Just saw your post on getting into bed and having trouble lifting that leg up on your own. When I had my first hip replacement a pyhsio therapist in the hospital taught me to use the handle end of the cane (hooked under my foot) to assist me in lifting my leg up. Worked like a charm. That...
  3. Brigitte

    THR Discomfort on Standing

    Hi Quinn: Sorry to hear that you are having issues with swelling, it's not much fun. Have you tried wearing compression stockings for when you are at school? Even those pesky stockings helped me. With both of my replacements I had swelling, but I found that sitting with my feet up really helped...
  4. Brigitte

    THR Discomfort on Standing

    Just a quick update as it has been a while since I have posted anything. From my first experience 9 months ago, I found that patience is the hardest virtue to practice when it comes to having total hip replacements! You always think you should be further along then you are. My second experience...
  5. Brigitte

    THR Home Again

    Hi Poppet - Thank you, I keep hoping to avoid the two step backwards - what a pain! I know you are right, have been there and done that, however, one quickly forgets once you get past that stage. You must find it very helpful to be a registered natural practioner, although I'm not trained in...
  6. Brigitte

    THR Home Again

    Thanks Nanal and Bottomshollow: Will definitely keep everyone posted. Yesterday was kind of rough (felt like I'd been hit by a freight train) but today is much better. Guess the effects of the anaesthetic are still wearing off! :SUNsmile:
  7. Brigitte

    January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Hi Poppet - I thought I had, but am not sure I did it right, since a few things have changed on this site since I first joined. I have tried it again, so hopefully you can find it. Thanks for letting me know. :thankyou:
  8. Brigitte

    THR Home Again

    I thought that I had posted a new thread after I got home from the hospital, but maybe not! Still getting familiar with the changes made to the system since I joined after my first hip replacement last April.. Hope this works. Got home on Sunday and all went well. Feeling pretty good, probably...
  9. Brigitte

    January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Hi Lovegardening: So do I! I see that you had your surgery date scheduled on the same day that I had. I hope that all went really well for you. I came home on Sunday, today is the first day that I feel more like myself. They gave me so many meds in the hospital, I felt like a sombie. I know that...
  10. Brigitte

    January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Glad to hear that you are feeling positive again! Being in limbo for so long and then getting your date postponed would certainly be enough to get anyone down, even an upbeat person. That is nothing to be ashamed of, after all, you are only human, like the rest of us. You're right, having both...
  11. Brigitte

    January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Hi Nessiepie Love the picture of your avatar, is it of your kitty? The facial expression is just priceless. Congratulations on getting your date, it will be done before you know it, and with no more pain. The jitters are quite normal. I just went through all this for the second time, and I was...
  12. Brigitte

    January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    HI all, Got home on Sunday, all is well. Feels great to have this surgery behind me and now I can concentrate on getting into my physio.Compared to my first surgery nine months ago, this time around seems so much easier. Hope that lasts! For anyone struggling with compression socks, my nurse...
  13. Brigitte

    THR Setback at 8 weeks out- and the come back?

    You are so right about some days being like diamonds, others like stones. You are not alone, we all have our ups and downs. You will find as you go along the ups will definitely outnumber the downs, and that is when you realize that you have already come a long way.
  14. Brigitte

    January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    :yay: Hello to All January Hip Replacement Folks: Just got home from the hospital on Sunday and am so glad to have this part over and done with. Everything went really well with the surgery though once again must adhere to the 25% weight bearing rule until I have my first visit with the surgeon...
  15. Brigitte

    Right Hip Surgery Date

    Good luck with your revision, stay positive and trust your surgeon! After all, he is the expert and will undoubtedly do what is best for you. Think about this Spring and get ready to celebrate that the worst is behind you. It can only get better. You bet we will be doing great, there is no doubt...
Back
Top Bottom