Guest viewing is limited

THR Home Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on your 6-week anniversary!

You mentioned Josephine's Tylenol Cocktail; I, too, had tremendous problems with the narcotics. Would you mind sharing with me? I am tomorrow, two weeks out of surgery.

Thanks, and continued progress and health to you!
 
Hi Brigitte,

You have an amazing spirit! I am inspired reading your wonderful posts and your amazing attitude toward healing. Your energy is contagious! :happy dance:
I too have adopted the Bonesmart cocktail which is working beautifully. The narcotics I was given in the hospital were too strong for me as well and I don't remember a good deal of what happened while I was there.:scratch:

My opposite leg did swell for the first 5 weeks after my RHR; I addressed that with accunpunture and now I can see the bones in my left foot/ankle and am seeing a great improvement in my right leg. Issues involving the liver/galbladder seem to be the culprit as I understand Chinese medicine.

I still ice and elevate both legs; I place a couch cushion under the foot of my bed as not to wrestle with a pillow under my feet during the night. :sleepz:

Have a wonderful day!
Tracy
 
Great update Brigette, so pleased you are doing so well.
 
I thought that I had posted a new thread after I got home from the hospital, but maybe not! Still getting familiar with the changes made to the system since I joined after my first hip replacement last April.. Hope this works.
Got home on Sunday and all went well. Feeling pretty good, probably relief that it is over wth. Now the hard work starts, but that's o.k. since the prize at the end is total freedom from pain and being able to move properly again. This time around I had a fabulous nurse who gave me a tip on how to get those dreaded compression socks on without all the struggle I had last time. Or should I say "my poor hubbie" had. Very simple and very effective - baby powder! Can you believe it! Just sprinkle it on you feet and legs, rub it in a bit & then slide the compression socks on. So much easier. Hope this tip helps everyone that needs to wear them.
Anyway, the short of it is I'm back, and there are a few posts that I have made in the January Jackpots section. Looking forward to reading all your posts as we go along this road once more.
 
Good news Brigitte- keep up the good work on recovery. Great info on the TEDs. Good to know
 
[Bonesmart.org] Home Again
Brigitte---found your other two threads and have tied them together with this last one. If you prefer another title---just let us know and we can change it for you. Happy that your recovery is going well. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Home Again
 
Thanks Nanal and Bottomshollow: Will definitely keep everyone posted. Yesterday was kind of rough (felt like I'd been hit by a freight train) but today is much better. Guess the effects of the anaesthetic are still wearing off! :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Brigitte ... Recovery is like that... One step forward, two back.. Just ride through those slow, rough days.. You will get through them :)
 
Hi Poppet - Thank you, I keep hoping to avoid the two step backwards - what a pain! I know you are right, have been there and done that, however, one quickly forgets once you get past that stage. You must find it very helpful to be a registered natural practioner, although I'm not trained in natural medicine, I do a ton of reading on anything and everything that I come across, and quite often have used a natural remedy to solve some of my issues.
Saw the news last night and the fires in Australia are just terrible. Hope that all is well with you and the area where you live. You are in my prayers.
Take Care
Brigitte
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom