Recent content by brewis3430

  1. B

    Revision TKR mandymoo's recovery thread

    @mandoo. If you are just using crutches, use a backpack. I used a backpack and carried my life and other items around in it for weeks!
  2. B

    Better and better!

    Oh my days! Eyesight change due to surgery, I thought my prescription had just changed dramatically. Optician said that I had the start of cataracts. Now I know it may be due to my TKR. So, since my op I have a hairy leg and cataracts, got more than I bargained for haha.
  3. B

    Cyn's Journey -- knee #2

    He says that the cemented versions are much better than the cementless I have had cementless TKR, should I be worried if they are not as good as cemented. It wasn’t something that was discussed pre op.
  4. B

    TKR to correct knock knees

    I can’t begin to tell you how I feel having a straight leg! I knew it was knock kneed, but seeing it post op was a revelation. I can wear trousers with front seams now, simple pleasures haha x
  5. B

    TKR Thumper's new knee 21 Mar 2018

    Hi ThumperJB. Good luck with your gentle recover. I used to take a bag of frozen peas to the bedroom with me. I placed them in a cool bag with ice blocks. They got me through the night with no disturbance to others! Felt quite independent on that one haha.
  6. B

    TKR 12 Months since my TKR.

    A rival for Pam Ayers haha. Well done Denn x
  7. B

    TKR The new knee<

    Hi Carlos! Sleep is a big problem for the majority of us new kneesies. Personally I found using a soft pillow, like one you use in bed tucked under or between my legs very helpful. It seems to cushion the knee quite well I am 12 + weeks post op and still use the pillow, although it gets kicked...
  8. B

    TKR Hairy Leg!

    ColleenAda You are one month behind me, my op was 09/12/17. I am in the UK and we are still in Winter/Spring season. I must admit, this did hamper my getting out and about for walking excersise quite a bit. I haven’t walked miles as yet, but I haven’t been lazy either! I started back to work...
  9. B

    TKR Hairy Leg!

    Thank you, that explains a lot as the App just stopped this afternoon.
  10. B

    TKR Hairy Leg!

    Hi SusieShoes I had RTKR 9/12/17 I have already registered this info. I can’t use the App as it says license expired and no response! Finding it a bit difficult using the forum in this format x I would like to call my thread Hairy Leg! Bev
  11. B

    TKR Hairy Leg!

    ColleeAda Hi there! I haven’t had the courage to drive yet, I’m a bit of a whimp haha. I sleep quite well, I use a pillow still under and between my legs. I found this so comfortable, not as hard as the mattress which I found quite a strange feeling on my numb bits! Walking is a work in...
  12. B

    TKR Hairy Leg!

    Hello Smarties! I have been following every bodies journey on here. I haven’t posted as I have found all the answers to my questions/fears from you lovely lot! I am 13 weeks post op, no real problems other than the usual stiffness and swelling. But.....I am just wondering if anybody has...
  13. B

    TKR Doreen’s Post Op journey

    I slept and still sleep with a soft pillow under and between my legs according to wether I was on my side or back. I am 13 weeks post op and still find it uncomfortable to sleep without the pillow. Hope this may help for you Doreen x
  14. B

    TKR 12 Months since my TKR.

    Take the poo medicine, trust me you will be thankful in a few days time haha x
  15. B

    TKR 12 Months since my TKR.

    Hi Denn! I was surprised by the pain at the top of my leg as well. I was suitably informed it was because they tie a tourniquet around the top of your leg to minimise bleeding. This in turn bruises the quads. Once that starts to ease off everything seems a little bit easier, such as lifting your...
Back
Top Bottom