Recent content by Breadman

  1. B

    Bilateral TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Well folks a whole year has past since I received my new equipment and new lease on life. I would first like to thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge and experiences to help in my post-op journey. My decision to have both knees replaced at the time was met with mixed reactions, from...
  2. B

    TKR kmak's TKR recovery thread

    Its nice to hear a good recovery story!:yahoo:
  3. B

    Bilateral TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Hip soreness is pretty much gone. Just very painful at the time. But I will answer questions re knees. 1. 1 for muscles soreness and 2 when I stand in one spot too long 2. I am not taking anything. If I need something i will take 400 mg ibuprofen. 3. Slight 4. Right 0-110 left 0-120 5. Only...
  4. B

    Bilateral TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Hi folks. Things have been pretty good. Walking alot, on stationary bike 2-3 times a day and light weights. Taking it easy. It snowed up here earlier in the week and when I was putting my boots on I heard a loud pop from my right hip. It hurt like hell! 3 days later it's sore on the outside of...
  5. B

    TKR How much have your quads recovered?'

    You guys talking about cycling is making me jealous for warm weather. I just came in from shoveling the driveway. :snow plough:
  6. B

    Bilateral TKR rate of increase in ROM?

    Hey @Tasmania. I am a few weeks ahead of you. Same as you my left knee seems to be a bit better than my right. Don't rush things, take it slow. It just takes time. Listen to your knees, they will tell you when you've done too much.
  7. B

    Bilateral TKR Day 12 knees still aching

    Hey @Gaynor. I did both Nov 15. As long as you feel a bit better each day, you're great. When you are sore just remember what it was like before the surgery. Measure you're recovery by what you can do now that you couldn't do before. I hadn't been on a bike since 2017, now I am on the stationary...
  8. B

    Bilateral TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Nine weeks have passed and I still have nights where I can't fall asleep. 4am and I am watching more 90s movies. I didn't slept much before but this is bad even for me
  9. B

    TKR Sleeping

    Hey @Mackiepafl. Do yourself a favour take it easy on the physio. I am almost 9 weeks BTKR and consider myself lucky. No bruising, no pain, very little swelling. I am taking it slow. No rush. There are a lot of great people here sharing their experiences and knowledge. Ask any question and...
  10. B

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness. Told I'm doing well but need to keep at it.

    Welcome. Don't worry. We all go through it. I am almost 9 weeks and I know what you mean. Gets better slowly. Great advice and experiences here. Great people. Just ask any question and someone has been through it. Take things slow and easy.
  11. B

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    10 hours? It takes me 3 days to get that much sleep!:heehee: Take it easy, don't do too much too fast.
  12. B

    Knee Infection* Third time's the charm, I hope

    Hi maryo52. Glad to hear your exprience this time is better. Keep up the positive attitude and take it slow and easy.:)
  13. B

    TKR Recovering in Canada

    Hi @SnowHare. I got extra meds from the pain management nurse before I left the hospital and also from my family doctor when I had my staples removed. I have plenty left over. I didn't need as much as I did before surgery. I don't take anything now. Maybe a Tylenol if I'm going to be out all...
  14. B

    Bilateral TKR One Year Anniversary!

    Saw the OS today. He asked how I was and I said excellent. He checked out his handy work. He saw me walking in so he just checked my range, no measuring, asked if had any concerns and gave me a very good on the right knee and great on the left. Then said see you in 3 months. Thank you to...
Back
Top Bottom