Recent content by Branluc

  1. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Hi Chris. Sorry I haven't been on lately. Things are still pretty much the same so I've been a bit frustrated. Seeing the PT 2 x per week and still no improvement. Had 4 laser treatments with no results. Now thy tell me if I want more it will be 50.00 each time so with my co pay this is...
  2. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Had no idea what diclofenac was so i just googled it. I am seeing my OS on June 12th. i am going to ask him about it for sure. thanks for the info.
  3. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    JayceyM-My GP suggested Milk of Magnesia, Prilosec and a Probiotic all of which i purchased and used. Must say the Milk of Magnesia worked (won't give details) and am feeling a little less discomfort today. First time in weeks, though not 100% yet so will keep using it as needed. I've never...
  4. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Liveringer- Thanks for checking in with me.Thingshave been frustrating and I've been in a slump. (haven't been on the forum in a while) I'm back at work and its been rough both physically and emotionally. I don't work for the nicest man and his lack of compassion has been extremely hard to...
  5. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Thanks Josephine. Back to more cane use it is. It gets confusing as the pt's don't give that advice. But I have enormous faith in this forum so I feel confident with your suggestion. I will try the tramadol tonight/early morning and also pickup some ibuprofen /Tylenol tomorrow. Hopefully...
  6. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    I was taking the tramadol during the day but yes I have very little if no pain during the day so I stopped. It's just when I'm lying down and of course there are no other distractions so its all I can think about. I am going to get my tramadol and put it on my nightstand as that's a great...
  7. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    I went to the PT today. He watched me walk without the cane and felt I was doing well and didn't suggest using it more often. I go again on Saturday so I will ask that question. He did some treatment and applied heat. He will do laser treatments once I'm done with the blood thinning injections...
  8. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Dr is holding me off until the 13 th but that's ok. Now that I'm able to get out of the house i plan on enjoying the extra week. Using the cane less and less. Having major sciatica pain. Started PT today. They will hopefully be able to get me some relief. Other than that the hip itself...
  9. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Thank you Teacat. I am doing much better. I've started doing some walking without a cane. im still a bit shaky and hesitant but going a littler farther each day. Doing well on the stairs . I've been released from in home physical therapy and start outpatient on Thursday. Dr on Tuesday...
  10. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Heel toe and stop leaning. She had me stand in front of a full length mirror and take some steps . Uugghhh , I can clearly see how bad it is. It's going to take some hard work. The sciatic pain is very annoying. More of an intense ache that radiates down my leg into my ankle and of...
  11. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Yes the sciatica is definitely causing a lot of discomfort but from what the PT said I caused it due to the way I've been carrying myself. I have to concentrate on walking and standing straight. I am definitely crooked. Lunch was fun and have plans for another lunch out on Sunday.
  12. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    I did drive . It's my left hip that I had done which made it easier. Slow but sure it is !!
  13. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Went up and down the stairs today with no problem, with my cane of course. Got in my car and drove to have lunch with a friend. I've been taking steps,without the cane in my bedroom staying close to,the bed just in case. PT came today and has determined that I have sciatica. I had a...
  14. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Thank you Liveringer and right back at all of those who post on this forum. We've all suffered with our pre op pain and made the brave decision to do something about it , and have made our journey to the other side .
  15. B

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Thank you! I'm sure there are others who've been through similar situations but if I can be of any help or encouragement to only one person that will be enough for me. I've said it too many times but again, I wish I'd found this forum years ago. It has truly been a tremendous help
Back
Top Bottom