Recent content by BradleyStu

  1. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Like most people, there’s nothing I'd like more than to never "need" to take anything, ever, for any reason whatsoever. Unfortunately, if I want to remain somewhat mobile that's not possible for me for the time being. Hopefully, I’ll continue to improve and eventually overcome and become 100%...
  2. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Mojo333 and Layla: My sister and I sincerely thank you both very much for the kind-hearted holiday wishes. And we certainly hope that you and your families (and friends) also have joyous, wonderful holidays. I couldn't possibly imagine two more deserving people. It's wonderful, caring people...
  3. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    I spent the majority of yesterday at the hospital with my little sister. She seems to have gotten the inflammation and pain somewhat under better control now that she's icing properly. I say "properly" because when I first saw her she was using an ice bag in a pillowcase whilst her knee was...
  4. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Hi Layla: Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been so busy catching up on life, actually having a life, I've been remiss in responding to my e-mails, etc. As for how I'm doing, honestly, it's as if I never actually had anything physically wrong with me. I've gradually returned to a...
  5. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    There is no way I can truly express the immense gratitude I have for all the wonderfully kind-hearted people that I’ve had the good fortune of meeting on BoneSmart. This site, and the people who maintain / frequent it have provided me with so much that in some ways I feel fortunate to have gone...
  6. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    A statement I made shortly after getting home from my second hip replacement (June 23, 2018). As of August 12, 2018 (+/- 68-days post-op) I've been walking 100% unassisted for the first time in almost 6-years! I have started to regain my "normal" life, and I could not be happier! I could...
  7. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    While I kind of wish it really was my 7-month left hipversary. However, it's actually only been 48-days since my left hip replacement. And considering that it's only been 48-days, I couldn't be more satisfied with how well my recovery has been progressing. After suffering for so long, these...
  8. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Mojo333: How nice of you to ask. Everything is going as well, if not better than I had hoped for. My leg still has a "knot" in it, just above the knee. Fortunately, it's getting smaller and less restrictive by the day. I was able to put in +/- 10-minutes on the exercise bike yesterday...
  9. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Josephine: Although I seem to get noticeable pain/inflammation relief from taking 800 mg. of Ibuprofen 3-times a day. Because I notice a significant difference when I stop taking it for any period of time, so I know that it does provide at least some relief. I would still prefer to take...
  10. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Mojo333: I'm pretty certain that my current situation is primarily attributable to (once again) over doing it. Because after my doctor's appointment I had a visit from my home physical therapist, wherein we went over a few exercises that I should be doing once I've got the swelling and pain...
  11. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Mojo333: I have also been talking 800 mg. Ibuprofen with some degree of pain relief. Eventually I plan on switching over to Tylenol once my inflammation has subsided a bit. I did that with my previous hip replacement with some success, plus it provides my G.I. with some degree of relief...
  12. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Josephine: Unfortunately, due to my widespread osteoarthritis I've been prescribed the strongest pain meds available for several years (dilaudid, morphine, etc.) To the point they aren't nearly as effective as they need to be anymore. There's really nothing I can do about it at this point...
  13. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Josephine: Your description of the "sensation" is just about perfect. It literally does feel like it's going to explode! And as I suspected, there's nothing really that can be done to minimize the pain. Oh well, like I previously mentioned, it seems to be getting a little less painful with...
  14. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Hello Josephine, and thank you for your inquiry. What I was attempting to describe is the painful sensation that occurs when I reposition my leg from vertical to horizontal. When I can feel the blood painfully flowing through the bruised area. For example, when I stand up after I've been...
  15. BradleyStu

    THR Previous Experience Really Helps

    Mojo333: I'm going to see my surgeon tomorrow (Monday). However, neither my home R/N or my physical therapist have expressed any great concern. My concerns are that I'm still experiencing quite a bit of swelling being this far out from my procedure date. And the fact that while I am...
Back
Top Bottom