Recent content by BoyMom

  1. BoyMom

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    @Layla I did discuss it with the surgeon and he talked physics but here is how I understand it in layman's terms....our real bone has a natural little "give" to it when we walk, with the stem in place it has none of that "give" where the stem is at. Good reminder on the heel toe walking
  2. BoyMom

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    1 year post op appointment a success! Everything continues to be great. The only small "thing" that I had to comment on is that I get mid thigh pressure. I do get some pressure that feels like a bruise when standing on that leg or certain yoga poses or walking but can easily shake it off...
  3. BoyMom

    Sibs in recovery

    Good luck at your appointment @sibs and hope you get some answers!
  4. BoyMom

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    @mlsread Here we are 2 weeks post op! Here is my update: Had my 2 week post op yesterday and the past 2 weeks have went fairly quickly. My pain has been very minimal, considering I just had a hip replaced but that deep constant aching is gone! I have had no problems with pain meds or...
  5. BoyMom

    THR Post op blues and tummy troubles

    Hello @BritHip and fellow Nimble! Glad to hear your recovery is going well for you. My surgeon also took a picture for me but in my medicated state.....I actually asked for it!.....and he delivered it to my husband in a nice specimen cup and bio bag! I still don't remember asking for it but...
  6. BoyMom

    Newbie introducing myself

    @TauraB the wait is finally over! Best of luck tomorrow and wishing you an uneventful and speedy recovery. Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
  7. BoyMom

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    Hope you got a good nap, or 2 or 3, in today. And great idea on setting the alarm for meds. Last night I woke up right at the 4 hours to use the bathroom so the timing worked out well. Here's to a speedy recovery! :cheers:
  8. BoyMom

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    @Stonewall I'm glad to hear things are going better! I got a little nauseous the first time I got up and quickly was able to get back into bed without incident. Never happened again after that! I am so happy to be home and feeling as well as I am. Sleep is so precious :sleeep: and I am...
  9. BoyMom

    THR Such a relief-feeling solid again

    @nategrrrl glad to hear you are doing well and am jealous of the shower you get to take and can't wait for my first one. I plan on sitting in there for a while when the time comes. Keep up with the great recovery!:yay:
  10. BoyMom

    Not-as-terrified spouse post-op

    Yay @Mrs. Vexil glad to hear that you and hubby are doing well! Keep up the wonderful recovery.
  11. BoyMom

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    I love my ice pack! :ice: I bought a great one on Amazon that is so flat and flexible....the best! Rest and Ice with a little walking. Home safe and sound and slept 4 straight hours last night! :loveshwr: I am very happy with my progress so far and the bone pain is gone!!!! I do have...
  12. BoyMom

    So tired....

    I made it to the other side! I'm a hippie! :flwrysmile:
  13. BoyMom

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    Good to "see" you @mlsread ! Sounds like the 2nd time around is going well thus far? Did you make it home today? Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
  14. BoyMom

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    Thanks @Jaycey for moving the post! I appreciate the information you left as well and will be perusing that over the next few days. I have peaked at some prior but look forward to reading them now. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  15. BoyMom

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    I did it!!!! I made to the other side and I am now officially a hippie! So far glad I did it, that deep pain and back pain are gone. My pain is mostly muscular and around the surgical site so far. I guess I will need to start posting on the recovery side now. So thankful for this forum it...
Back
Top Bottom