Recent content by Booboo55

  1. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    The knee hasn't swelled this much since much earlier in the recovery process. Icing and elevation seem to help a bit. Don't think I'll be giving up pain meds anytime soon
  2. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    Still doing exercises everyday. Still doing pt 1-2times a weeek. The knee feels better after the pt and exercises. Have the long weekend this week. We will see how the knee reacts on Tuesday.
  3. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    I have lost a bit of rom fleation by 5 degrees my extension is still not where it should be. Thats only being back a week. I do take the pain killers when I remember while working. I do take the one when waking up then 1 at work and 1 after. With the codene taken at night. I have been icing when...
  4. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    Was told by my pt that instead of me sitting at a desk or anything like that isn't doing me any favours. He said I should be up moving around. But it's out of my hands. As far as pain meds go I'll probably be on the paracetamol for quite some time. After being at work for a bit and doing more of...
  5. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    I think I may have gone back a couple of weeks to early. Getting a lot of swelling and stiffness. A bit more pain not as bad as I thought it would be. Getting by with paracetamol in the morning and 1 dose while working. Of course still have my codene every night.
  6. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    I noticed this morning after being at work again for 2 hours the knee really stiffend up and the calf got really hard and stiff. Also muscle trembles after I got home and put my legs up. Feeling better than this morning. But still very tender. This recovery and returning back to work is going to...
  7. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    Back to work today after the long journey. Only half day and my knee was giving me pains I've never had before. I didn't do very much but driving. It did react to something tho
  8. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    Going back to work tomorrow and have to wear trousers that are part of the uniform and are heavy and scratchy. I noticed some here have had problems with the scars with long trousers. Any ideas on how to not have the problems with scars
  9. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    When I travelled it was at 7 weeks and my consultant told me to keep my feet and ankles moving up and down the whole flight get up and walk around a couple of times. And stay hydrated. I followed those and everything was fine. I did find that when we were walking around in Spain that if I did to...
  10. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    Went to weekly meeting with colleagues and they couldn't believe how much better I walked because for the last few years I was walking wit a more pronounced limp than I am now. Having a bit of a problem with GOP tho. As he doesn't want to certify me going back to work on Monday because he didn't...
  11. B

    Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

    The knee only clicks. Hurts sometimes but not always. I would have answered the other way but I'm a technophobe and don't know how.
  12. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    Karri. Sometimes it hurts but not usually. Really just getting on with it. Just worried about going back to work next week. Hoping that it stays the same as it is with not much more pain and stiffness. Lilly good luck flying. Mine went without a hitch but I did find that it swelled more when...
  13. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    If my go gives the ok. Then I will be going back to work next Monday. I'm worried about the popping in my knee. Doesn't feel like the knee is loose. Don't know know heat it is. Don't see my consultant until June. So hopefully it will work its wat out
  14. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    My consultant told me that I could start a phasing back into work at 12 weeks. Which would be close to when certificate ends. Worried about it because I still have a slight limp on top of the pain. Hopefully the company I work for will take that into consideration when io back.
  15. B

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    The certificate for my time off work is ending next week and I'm going to try and go back to work. I've had a conversation with occupational health. They are going to phase me back into work for a minimum of 8 weeks. I'm still having pain in my knee when first standing up and a few steps into...
Back
Top Bottom