Recent content by bonnied999

  1. bonnied999

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    @Josephine I had a thread and can't find it anymore I will try again. [emoji52]
  2. bonnied999

    abnormal lab results after ltkr

    I know your post a couple of weeks ago, but the response from your 3 week check up about being behind is not helpful and they should know better. The forum has always said and it is true, the road to recovery is not a one size fits all. I have also had such negative messages and finally have a...
  3. bonnied999

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    Hello. I am late to post. I just received a daily pick but I think it is for a different issue. First my advocate asked for an IV For toradol in the hospital. This helped immensely. But can only be administered in the hospital. Second, I was also ver nauseous. I know that opiates and derivatives...
  4. bonnied999

    THR 4 months after THR and 6 weeks since dislocation. Fear

    @hipsrus hi. Wow yours happened right after surgery. I remember your posts can't remember if they did anything because of that or just sent you on your way. I think our situations are perhaps different with different outcomes since you are still at the beginning of both surgery and hip...
  5. bonnied999

    THR Second THR only 8 weeks from first

    @sunnygirl. I appreciate your posts about your journey and things you have learned. I too was very devastated by a set back due to a hip dislocation right when things were going well with my THR and beginning to do more activities. But not as difficult as yours. I found it so helpful to get...
  6. bonnied999

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    @aliwillo I just responded to another post of yours before I realized you posted here. Did you get any information from the second surgeon?
  7. bonnied999

    THR 4 months after THR and 6 weeks since dislocation. Fear

    PS I am 6 weeks after the dislocation right now.
  8. bonnied999

    THR 4 months after THR and 6 weeks since dislocation. Fear

    @aliwillo. Hi. I am sorry to hear about this. I am not sure we are in the same position but thought I would tell you my experience. And knowing that dislocations after THR are rare made things worse for me mentally. I had a dislocation after a THR 5 months in. I didn't fall to have it had...
  9. bonnied999

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    Hi. I thought I would post a more positive message. I am thankful for finding this forum. Thank you @Josephine I appreciate all of the input and feedback. I am thankful that I am not alone and the advice from everyone. And I am thankful I can walk without pain.
  10. bonnied999

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    Thanks. @gertie They won't let me do PT yet after the dislocate. 3 more weeks. I had thought the an OT would be more helpful. I got some advice too after the THR. But not much about the long term prognosis except the strict precautions are needed for "life". But I am going to push this. They...
  11. bonnied999

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    Nice to know @sunnygirl that there are others who have to think about these things. I had help with my THR afterwards. But on my own with the dislocate. So thing keep coming up. Like oh I have to figure out how to do this and this.
  12. bonnied999

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    Oh now clipping toe nails. Living alone. I guess going to get a pedicure. Learning about limitations. I hope 90 degrees isn't for life.
  13. bonnied999

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    Thank you for the information! I am on a HMO. My surgeon is very respected and has done many many hip replacements. But I can't imagine I can't at least get another assessment from someone else will ask company. When I do see my original surgeon I want to verify that I will have this 90 degree...
  14. bonnied999

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    The lack of information post dislocation was not good. I didn't get an appointment until 3 weeks after and it took three calls to ask what was i supposed to do in the meantime. The forum and Josephine have been very helpful. Let me know what the surgeon says.
Back
Top Bottom