Recent content by bonini

  1. bonini

    TKR Newbie here, 8 months post TKR, having problems<

    So sorry you are going thru this, @parmalilac. I'm going to chime in here with the others - I advise going to a new ortho for a second opinion. Having an unsympathetic doctor will achieve nothing for you. There are doctors out there who will listen to you and give you advice and opinions...
  2. bonini

    MUA 1 Week post op

    Hi, I was wondering how you were doing! Do you know what your ROM is now? I ask, because after my first TKR and then an MUA, my bend was 90, and never got better than that. That was 14 years ago. I can't tell anyone what they should do, but I definitely do everything I want to... except squat.
  3. bonini

    MUA 1 Week post op

    @KameronSteele , I had an MUA in 2001, long time ago now....
  4. bonini

    MUA 1 Week post op

    @KameronSteele Hi - I've been watching your thread because it reminds me so much of my first TKR experience, 14 years ago. I was 45 years old and in excellent physical shape. I also had an MUA, about 5 weeks post surgery. I am not suggesting that you'll have the same outcome... But, to this day...
  5. bonini

    TKR the road is long with many a winding turns

    In a perfect world, I would walk for 15 minutes, then rest for 10, then repeat :)
  6. bonini

    TKR Patella resurfacing after total knee replacement

    Surgeons always seem to think that recovery will be easier than it really is, from my humble experience. I agree with the others, don't use the original surgeon. Find someone who has done LOTS of patellar button revisions or a revisionist surgeon, specifically. Since you're not sure, wait until...
  7. bonini

    TKR the road is long with many a winding turns

    I feel for you, @moretennis ! That is way too early to go back to work. I went back at 5.5 weeks, and I'm still not used to at 11 weeks, though it's not as rough. Luckily, I can sit and rest whenever I need, almost... It looks like your job might be pretty physical.
  8. bonini

    TKR the road is long with many a winding turns

    So true, @Celle - it's not worth it to carry the card to airports, etc. I've been flying since my first TKR in 2001, when this all started. Most TSA agents are super nice, doing their job, and it's what you must do in order to get where you want to go unless you want to drive. No big deal, just...
  9. bonini

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    Fabulous, @Denmother !! You go, girl!
  10. bonini

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    Hi, wow, you sound like me. My first knee surgery at age 11, I have two TKRs now and my legs are both straight for the first time in my life also! I am 59, but going to be 60 in.... (drum roll) :) 3 months.
  11. bonini

    TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

    Congrats on "ditch the cane day"!! I won't give mine up just yet, balance issues out in the big bad world. But, I'm happy for you! Take your time.
  12. bonini

    TKR 14 years later, a (sort of) matching pair, anxiety issues

    Could be, kneeper. I'm cutting back on most things. When outside, I'll use 2 canes til the anxiety subsides. Thanks!
  13. bonini

    TKR 14 years later, a (sort of) matching pair, anxiety issues

    I am at 9 weeks, actually 9.5! Celebrex at 200 mg, once a day. I am not in pain, The one leg balance is for 20-30 seconds, 3 sets resting in between.
  14. bonini

    TKR 14 years later, a (sort of) matching pair, anxiety issues

    Hi, see above for what I do at home for PT. As far as formal PT, 3 sets of all the following Heel slides 10 Shuttle 10 Short arc quads 10 Wall slides Balance board Bike Lateral cone walk One leg stance for balance Electrical stim Ice Oh, and Tylenol is not an anti-inflammatory, and doesn't work...
  15. bonini

    TKR 14 years later, a (sort of) matching pair, anxiety issues

    Thanks for all the info! I'm 9.5 weeks out, pain level is low most of the time, like a 2. Am off pain meds, but taking Celebrex for the inflammation and any soreness that crops up. I still ice my knee, though not as often, because it isn't feeling swollen at all. Still do it though, about 25...
Back
Top Bottom