Recent content by Bondmgr

  1. B

    THR On the other side now

    3 weeks post op now. Still having a hard time sleeping. I have tried a different pain med, Tramadol, lately. It worked great on day 1 and then it didn't do much except make me weak and nauseous the next morning. I am walking with a cane early in the day and moving to a walker as I get tired...
  2. B

    THR On the other side now

    I agree. I have no intention of giving any pills away. Today walking is better and my ligaments are like guitar strings. I have been working on mild stretches.
  3. B

    THR On the other side now

    I do. The problem with them is that I sleep for about 45 min to an hour and then awake soaking wet. Thereafter I can't get back to sleep until the next dose. Weird I know. I am just not a narcotics guy I guess. What is a bit unsettling is the number if people I know asking for me to give them...
  4. B

    THR On the other side now

    I was taking 2 Vicodin every 4 hours. I was also on Lovanox injections for blood thinner. As of Wednesday I am finished with the Lovanox and began taking 2 Aleve twice a day. I am feeling much better. Although my PT says that I may be too active at this point. She was concern that I stayed...
  5. B

    THR On the other side now

    A week post op now. One more blood thinner injection to go. I will be very happy to be through with those! PT is going well and slowly. We have just been gently moving on a table. My biggest complaint right now is an achy leg. It moves from my quad down to my calf. Pain meds don't do much...
  6. B

    THR On the other side now

    Went in for PT this afternoon. Really did not want to be there. We started with gentle movements and stretches while lying down. Very painful and stiff at first and with continued work things got looser and easier. There is hope! I wanted to believe that my two hips would be the same.....ok I...
  7. B

    THR On the other side now

    Just got home from a LTHR. Almost no drainage from the site and lots of swelling. Very hard to walk right now. On a walker. I had a fantasy that I would be on a cane right away like my RTHR. PT tomorrow. Can't wait.
  8. B

    2014 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    I am in tomorrow, 4/21 for a left THR. Had a right in 2012.
  9. B

    THR RTHR after bilateral AVN

    The hip pain after surgery was not that bad. What helped me most was hydrating well. I had some headaches which were helped by a little caffeine and lots of water. My right hip was very weak especially at the end of a day before surgery. I had a hard time sleeping at night. I am 3 weeks...
  10. B

    THR RTHR after bilateral AVN

    Amen to that. I am changing my activity level and slowing down. I like the marathon reference. I need to figure out how to sleep. I usually only sleep about an hour or so at a time. I know things will improve day by day.
  11. B

    THR RTHR after bilateral AVN

    Went to see the OS today. I had my staples removed and was told that the pop was from scar tissue on my IT band. I have to really work on my walking and on taking it easy. I have a bad habit of getting going and not stopping. Now one thing my OS mentioned today was doing a CD on the left...
  12. B

    THR RTHR after bilateral AVN

    I had a fever free day. My headaches were helped by a little caffeine. I drank about a half a coke and I have increased my water intake. One strange thing happened tonight as I was bending over, I heard a loud pop from my new hip. So far it seems ok, but now I have some fear. I am resting...
  13. B

    THR RTHR after bilateral AVN

    I have not taken any Vicoden in over 48hrs. I am taking Tylenol 2 500mg tabs every 4 hrs.
  14. B

    THR RTHR after bilateral AVN

    The fever has come down. It got as high as 101.6. It did last just a few days. The latest scare was a knot in my calf. I went in yesterday for a scan and they ruled out DVT. I felt much better. The big complaint from yesterday was a splitting headache at night. It took forever to get to...
  15. B

    THR RTHR after bilateral AVN

    It is Saturday and my surgery was Wednesday. Fever has crept into the picture. The highest it has been so far is 100. I am guessing a certain amount of fever is normal. Sleeping is coming in bits and pieces, and each day brings a little more mobility. I got a reply from the nurse about...
Back
Top Bottom