Recent content by Bob T

  1. B

    TKR Aug 20 hard work.

    I can also tell you that I'm absolutely thrilled with my outcome from surgery. My wife and I are huge Disney fans and going to the parks over the last ten years has been a struggle for me. I was to the point of going and getting my knee injected the week before we'd go. I'd also get a steroid...
  2. B

    TKR Aug 20 hard work.

    My RTKR was July 2nd last year and I can tell you from personal experience that the stairs still present some difficulty for me too. I get a pain on the lateral side under the kneecap when I go up or down stairs. However, it comes and goes. I can have it for a few weeks and then it goes away...
  3. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    Yes they neglected to shave my leg high enough and low enough so I had hair caught in both places. It made for an interesting removal lol. I'm 12 days post surgery today and when I woke this morning my leg felt completely normal. Until I moved lol then it still was stiff and somewhat painful...
  4. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    My bandage came off yesterday! It was definitely a good day. It was feeling so restrictive. Waiting on staples to come out either late next week or early the following week. I've taken a couple I'd small trips out. Both have been great. PT is also going very well.... nothing painful and no one...
  5. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    I'm at day 8 and doing well. Days 5 and 6 were challenging......I could not get my leg comfortable, no matter what I tried. However Tuesday morning came and I felt a lot better. I'm icing more each day. Walking with the walker has become much easier. My leg has really come down in size. Friday...
  6. B

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    I've found that doing the PT has helped me too. My leg feels better afterwards. Nothing crazy of course, just easy excercises.
  7. B

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    I've found that a short nap has helped me immensely. And I'm not a nap person at all but it really refreshes me!
  8. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    I'm back in bed since friday night! It's a much better sleep quality in bed versus the recliner. I've found that I take the Norco about thirty minutes before bedtime and then I sleep pretty well. Usually from around 11:30pm to 7:00am. I wake somewhat stiff but getting up and using the restroom...
  9. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    One question that I never thought to ask. How long until your surgical bandage was removed? I have the tyoical fiberglass looking rubbery bandage vertically on my incision if it makes a difference.
  10. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    Yes.... all I truly remember is the nurse anaesthetist saying..."I started your meds".....i looked down and she had a syringe in her hand. I woke up..... probably a very short time afterwards and i was on my back and couldn't feel anything from the waist down. I'd do it again in a minute.... it...
  11. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    I do remember a pretty amazing slip n slide ride from the prep bed to the operating room table. They pretty much rolled me like a log to get the slide under me and then had me "hug" myself. The next thing I knew I was sliding over onto the operating room table. It was pretty cool to be honest. I...
  12. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    Thanks quicklabs! I wouldn't be at all fearful of the spinal. It truly was a non event. I was wide awake in recovery.... very quickly. They also used a pain cocktail in my knee that helped. I won't say I've been completely without pain because that's not true. But the pain meds have made...
  13. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    Glad you're doing well Luvcats! I'm not having cramps, just a dull ache from the tourniquet. My wife has been amazing..... truly the best nurse ever lol. My two "what the hell" moments throughout this were the drain removal and catheter removal lol. Those both happened within a minute of one...
  14. B

    TKR Bob T's Recovery

    I made it lol! Surgery went well on Tuesday and came home yesterday afternoon. I'm doing well with managing pain. I slept better than I thought I would last night. My worst pain is on my thigh where the tourniquet was applied but it's really an ache and nothing sharp. My best friend is...
  15. B

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    Glad to hear you're doing well!
Back
Top Bottom