Recent content by Bluetechseeker

  1. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Exchange Recovery

    Hi, Layla. Thank you so much for asking! You know how life throws curve balls sometimes? My partner of eleven years left on March 30 deciding its time to part ways (total shock, he left a note for me to find when i came home from PT). I had to pack and move my entire house, used movers to...
  2. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Exchange Recovery

    I had full bilateral knee replacement done January 2014. For me, that was my best option so I did it. It is tough, but very doable. I was 50, in otherwise great shape, had lots of help at home, and lived in a single story home. All factors I used in making my decision. Follow the directives...
  3. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Exchange Recovery

    Today is one month post-op and things are slowly improving. Finished home pt, had FUP with surgeon, and started outpatient pt last week. I'm up to walking around the block twice using my cane, just rode a mile straight on the recumbent bike, and much of the pain is gone finally. Still take...
  4. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Exchange Recovery

    Boy, I'll swap this temporary pain and stiffness for THOSE pains any day!!
  5. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Exchange Recovery

    Today is recovery day 12. I've had 3 actual physical therapy appointments and they're going ok. Today I'm at 90 degree bend which is great. I've been walking with my walker halfway around our block, yesterday went all the way around. I just stay sore and stiff even on the pain meds, Tylenol...
  6. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Exchange Recovery

    Well, surgery was Monday and went without a hitch. I opted for general and a nerve block which worked excellent. Surgery was at 0730, I awoke at 0945 pretty comfortable with pain well controlled. Came home around 1230. I'm on a blood thinner, an antibiotic, and dilauded for pain along with...
  7. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Spacer Replacement

    Well, big week ahead. I've had pre-op bloodwork, primary doc appointment for clearance, EKG, chest x-rays, and NOW getting to the nitty gritty. Thursday have pre-op fitting for walker (opted for that over crutches) followed by final review meeting with surgeon. I'm still waiting to hear from...
  8. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Spacer Replacement

    Our situations sound SO similar, its amazing. I opted to try spacer replacement as it was an option in the middle of the spectrum. I really hope it's the answer. And, hope the other knee stays good.
  9. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Spacer Replacement

    Kandy, I'm just hugging you right now! Thanks so much for your kind words, they're so appreciated. When is your surgery? For me, the whole unknown aspect really messes with me. I know this needs to be done, BUT WHAT IF...then a bazillion questions. The bilateral MUA was literally the worst...
  10. Bluetechseeker

    Revision TKR Polyethylene Spacer Replacement

    Hi, everyone. I had BTKR January 2014. Since September 2021, my right knee has been unstable, giving out on me, catching, and hurting bad enough to wake me up at night. When it catches, it feels like how it used to with torn meniscus, really painful! I can feel the knee shifting sideways...
  11. Bluetechseeker

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    I received an email when hopefaith posted her reply, and felt I should also post an update - it's always helpful when we return and keep folks informed! I had bilateral total knee replacement Jan 6 2014, followed by bilateral MUA Feb 24 2014. After the MUA's, my healing really started picking...
  12. Bluetechseeker

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    I think that's the take away that really took me the longest to accept - we're all SO different, our recoveries SO different, even our two knees are SO different - there are very general guidelines on where we should be at when, but really, those are so subjective. I did drive myself insane...
  13. Bluetechseeker

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Good morning! I've been stalking the forum lately, having had BTKR on January 6 followed by BMUA on February 24. I finally returned to work on June 3 (under phased return) and am only recently undertaking full daily activities. BOTH of you are having far stellar recoveries compared to mine...
  14. Bluetechseeker

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Well, here's a little crink in the whole scheme of everything. I received an email for a conference call from my new boss and HR this past Monday. They've put me on notice they're very unhappy with my productivity, and I'll be loosing my job either August 31 or September 15 as a result. Their...
Back
Top Bottom