Recent content by Blueslady

  1. Blueslady

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Calle I love both of those sayings. My therapist was great and went slow and easy. However, now that I'm done and on my own I tend to push that little extra thinking it will help. Tonight I'm sitting with heat on my neck because I go to senior exercise class, and tried to do some of the neck...
  2. Blueslady

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Sounds like you are doing great. Having the right surgeon sure makes a difference, and all the prayers surely were heard. I agree with others that using the cane for awhile is a good idea. My tkr was in September and I still ice every night. It seems to help if I've done a lot of walking...
  3. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    Tammy I am so sorry about your husband. I try every day to realize that God has given me much longer with him then many women get. You sound like a woman of faith, but it still must have been so hard. Thank you for sharing, it's people like you sharing their life here that keeps me coming...
  4. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    Referee,mthanks. I appreciate it Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    Tammy thanks for the prayers. He has had lung cancer twice with parts of both lungs removed. He's had chest radiation and Brian radiation which has given him lots of cognitive issues. Now he's been dealing with fluid in his ear lobe. Another surgery is scheduled for Thursday. It would be much...
  6. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    Ski girl. Thanks for the suggestion. I've had multiple injections in my hip and perhaps it's time for another one. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. Blueslady

    Revision TKR LCL, Popliteal, IT Band . . . ungodly pain...update

    Oh gosh, your journey sounds much like mine. Ortho keeps saying X-rays look great, but after a few months of doing well, I'm having pain in the it band area,mind the front. Stairs and getting in and out of the car are very difficult I hope you get help,and wish you healing. Sending prayers...
  8. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    Lots of pain in my hip and it band. I can understand why some people with arthritis don't exercise, it hurts. I have been doing it band and hip bursitis exercise last few days, and I'm one big hurt. Having said that, I count my blessings every day. It could be so much worse. Asking...
  9. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    I looked as you suggested and did not find the book mark. Thank you for your help and for letting me I'm not the only one having problems with the tight band feeling.
  10. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    thanks. Seeing it makes sense, as the outside of my hip hurts as well as the outside of my knee.
  11. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping the stretches help. I had been pain free for awhile and it suddenly really started bothering me. Getting in and out of my car is painful too Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  12. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    Thanks. I can see it's a problem for many. I will keep using ice and trying the stretches. I'm also doing senior exercises Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    Josephine, I have had the trochanteric bursitis in my R hip long before the RT knee was replaced. Now the hip is very painful as is the IT band. I've been trying the ice massage and the stretching, do you think another cortisone injection into the hip would help both areas? You are such a...
  14. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    thanks for much, I'm sorry you are having problems, but it's helpful to know others are in the same situation. Best of luck to you. I wish I had lost weight, I did but have gained most of it back
  15. Blueslady

    TKR Five months post tkr and still have problems

    thanks for the response and for not making me feel really dumb. I appreciate the information and willl try the stretch this afternoon.
Back
Top Bottom