Recent content by Biscuit

  1. Biscuit

    TKR Biscuit's Recovery II

    I still have some swelling in my knee. I feel like the knee is just going to let go any day now and give me the bend I'm looking for. I feel like my doctor feels the same way but is leaving the MUA as a possibility. Again, until yesterday, he has never even mentioned it. I agree that the dilemma...
  2. Biscuit

    TKR Biscuit's Recovery II

    It wasn't the assistant. It was the doctor. This was the first time in my two knee replacements that he has even mentioned it. My therapist is a different story. I really don't want to go back to therapy and certainly not to her. I have always felt that I can do anything that they can and I am...
  3. Biscuit

    TKR Biscuit's Recovery II

    I will be at 8 weeks tomorrow. I have not posted very often about my recoveries because everything has gone so smoothly. Both times. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my recovery. During the course of the day, I often do stretches and things to keep my knee as loose as possible. I elevate and...
  4. Biscuit

    TKR Biscuit's Recovery II

    Had my LTKR on June 19th. This is my first post since surgery. I had my right knee replaced back in May of 2014. So far, the 2 recoveries have been very similar. Since my first one went so well, I kind of half expected this one not to. But so far, so good. I have followed the Bonesmart...
  5. Biscuit

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    My LTKR is set for June 19th. I had my right knee replaced in my May of 2014. Now it's time for the other one. My previous replacement went pretty much perfectly, so I'm hopeful of another great outcome.
  6. Biscuit

    TKR in a "youngster"

    I had my rtkr last May at age 50, so not quite in the age range you are asking about. I just passed my 6 month mark, and I can tell you without reservation, that it was one of the best things I ever did. I have always been very active, sports, hunting, etc. I had over the last 10 years started...
  7. Biscuit

    In training for TKR 15th December 2014

    I'm 51 years old and live a very active lifestyle as it sounds that you do as well. I had a right knee reconstruction 32 years ago. That went pretty good for the next 20 years or so. About 10 years ago, I started having trouble. Finally last fall, I went to see my OS and he said it was time. My...
  8. Biscuit

    45 year old - scheduled for BTKR - Need Advice

    I am 50 years old with a story similar to yours. I had a RTKR just over 4 months ago. I had many of the same concerns as you do. I can tell you now that I was never for even one minute, sorry that I went through with the replacement. I had a very quick recovery. I went home on day 2, was driving...
  9. Biscuit

    39 more Days...WOW!!!

    One thing I might add. Three years ago when my knee was scoped, my OS took the common position of me waiting as long as possible as I was only 47. Last Fall when I went back asking for some better meds to deal with the pain, he had no trouble at all with going ahead with the replacement. At the...
  10. Biscuit

    39 more Days...WOW!!!

    I'm 50 and just had my rtkr 9 weeks ago today. I can tell you that it has been very much worth it for me. I saw my primary doctor today for a general follow up and he couldn't believe I was just 9 weeks out. Don't worry about a possible revision some day. My OS told me it generally just involves...
  11. Biscuit

    The final count down to a new life.

    Good for you! Keep plugging along.
  12. Biscuit

    Post-Op Swelling

    It sounds like we have had very similar situations. I had a reconstruction in 1982 that the OS had to work around with me as well. I was just kidding about the fireworks. I'm sure that I have been more aggressive than most of the posts you have read here. I was walking without any kind of aid...
  13. Biscuit

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    Sorry to hear about your dog. As you might guess from my Avatar, dogs are a big deal to me. Biscuit was my constant companion for almost 11 years. We had to let her go back in March. In fact, I delayed my surgery twice because I didn't want to be in the hospital and in recovery until she was...
  14. Biscuit

    Post-Op Swelling

    Those numbers are really good. Don't be shocked if some days, they go the other way on you. My swelling is down so well that most people don't even notice. But I still have times of the day that my knee is stiffer than others. First thing in the morning especially until I get it working. Most...
  15. Biscuit

    Post-Op Swelling

    If your surgery was over at 7pm, you were awake in time to see all the fireworks then, right? :) My block wore off about 16 hours after surgery. My surgery was at 8:00 Monday, May 19th. (7 weeks ago) I was walking the next morning with a walker. Obviously, they must do it differently in Tenn vs...
Back
Top Bottom