Recent content by Birdiegirl123

  1. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    Yes I actually have had two opinions. According to my X-rays everything looks fine, I think they are going to go in and see if there is scar tissue. No one seems to know why weight bearing is cause stiffness. I have spoken to Josephine about this before. But who know,s, maybe someone has...
  2. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    And still having the same problem as before and no one can figure it out. My knee is still warm, terrible stiffness when walking or just standing, This morning I walking about 200 paces had terrible stiffness and swelling. It's always in the same place right side. They though maybe it was...
  3. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    Trying to get a doctor to see at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NY but not too many doctors will see me post op 4 months.
  4. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    Need a big hug. Had a cortisone shot and I have had many through my sports injuries and this one actually has made things much worse. I am in total pain. Cannot stand or walk much t all. so I guess, the pain is not from an inflammation but either scar tissue or the nerve that was cut. So...
  5. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    I see that. But it's so frustrating because if you can't walk your life is limited.
  6. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    Well, went for my appointment. My range of motion is around 100. My doctor till thinks judging by my pain that it is the IT band so I had another cortisone shot. He also injected a little cortisone into a spot that is still sore on the other side of my knee near the knee cap. That was on Monday...
  7. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    Wish me luck. Going to the doctor tomorrow to find out the next course of action. STill dragging my leg when I walk.
  8. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    What you have described re effusion and synovial thickening sounds like what I am experiencing. I looked up the arthogenic muscle inhibition and that fits too. I have made notes and I am seeing my doctor next Monday and hopefully there is an answer there. I do know that I have to found out why...
  9. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    Would that explain not being able to bend my leg when walking. I don't understand.
  10. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    Right now after being on my feet this week I wouldn't know but last week before I left my PT pushed my leg to 100. My doctor says that's okay and yet I can't walk from the stiffness.
  11. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    hi Joesphine, The article on "tightness across the knee" sounds like what I have and so does everything else that you have recommended I read. I have tried to explain to my doctor what is going on. I have found a sort of picture in my head, Do you know in the old movies when a man and a...
  12. B

    TKR Turtle still hoping to cross the finish line

    Hi Mary, what procedure are you having?
  13. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    Well I really overdid it . I did. XMAS jewelry shoe, stood on my leg too long and now I home trying to get the swelling down. .ughhhhh
  14. B

    TKR Turtle still hoping to cross the finish line

    That Might explain the problem with riding the bike which i stil cannot do. My doctor says it very important to get on the bike. My knee was in such bad condition before the sugery. My quad strength was a 2 on a scale of 10 and I still have weakness although it has improved. But I also have...
  15. B

    MUA When do you start getting optimistic

    Thanks Josephine. I am going to write down and discuss some of your points with my doctor.
Back
Top Bottom