Recent content by Birdie53

  1. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    @susanlanc @3rd Dislocation Good news! My hip is now into it's 13th week and so far so good. It definitely is not popping out anymore. I have taken it very slowly as Doctor said time was important with this one-- even though the pain is Much better. It only hurts at the incision site and is sore...
  2. Birdie53

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    Hi @Nana moon 27 I just wanted to say congrats on your success. I am so happy to hear it! I appreciated your kind words through all my hip drama and am glad you are feeling better. It feels so good to get back to that "normal" feeling again! Much luv! Birdie
  3. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    @3rd Dislocation Hi! I am sorry for waiting so long to comment. I started a few days ago and wrote way too much so I am staring again. I am going to say so much of your issues I empathize with-- down to doctors and other health providers not paying attention to your pain needs and what was...
  4. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    Hi hipsters! It has been 6 weeks since my third ThR. Going to the doc on Thursday. I am hoping the bone grafts will have healed enough to move from crutches to a cane. Things are good except this fierce Groin and button pain. I will ask doctor about that on Thursday. Still not sleeping well--...
  5. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    3 and 1/2 weeks now. I seem to be doing better with the pain managed. I tried cutting back but don't think the time is right yet. I keep reading about all these people doing great things with anterior approach. I still have quite a lot of pain and can't sleep well at all. The PT at the hospital...
  6. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    That's what the PT actually said at the hospital. She was the same one I had last year and said the same thing. I agree. Walking did it for me the last time. Thanks!
  7. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    Thanks! I did speak to my pain management dr and she increased my fentanyl. Hopefully this will do the trick. Have been able to walk laps in my living room and do the exercises that the PT left. Appt with my surgeon on Thursday. @Jaycey thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It saved...
  8. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    @Jaycey thank you! I will do that. I appreciate the advice. I know they said I could have groin pain but did not expect it to be so fierce. Your time is so appreciated!
  9. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    @Jaycey Yes taking 20 mg oxycodone every 4 hours on the dot. I also take it with a Tylenol extra strength -- But not more than 4 a day. I see a Pain specialist for chronic pain so they are managing my pain meds.
  10. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    @Jaycey thankyou!! Am icing elevating, etc etc-but today having 10+ pain in my groin. I can't even walk with the walker without pain. Should I be calling dr office or waiting it out? Nothing is ever straight- forward easy! Ugh Birdie
  11. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    @Legin @copsham @CJS57 As always thanks for the good support!!! It is much appreciated and always so happy to hear from someone who has been through something similar. My dr mentioned doing the constrained cup right before surgery because I dislocated constantly-- but when he got in obviously he...
  12. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    I am home from the 3rd! All went well. For anyone who was interested in what actually happened-- when the surgeon got into my hip it turned out that the cup had come loose-- so it was moving back and forth with the head and making the excruciating noise and pain. Don't know all the details since...
  13. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    Hi friends!!! Surgery is on Friday! Yes this Friday!!!(10/30/15) I am sooo happy. My hip dislocates constantly and has become quite painful and uncomfortable. I will not go into details but in the end my surgeon and the engineers at Stryker could not come to agreement about the "custom" part...
  14. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    Always glad to talk to another Yogi! So to try to answer without too much extra junk-- the surgeons that suggested doing nothing because in their opinion the hip was perfect only looked at my X-rays-- they had no idea about how much this was happening how severely and how it was affecting my...
  15. Birdie53

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    Thanks to all for your support! I wrote that at a low point last night. But now that I read it again it is how I am feeling. But enough of that. Yes I have been to 2 other surgeons even though I have a long history with mine and he is well known in this area for great work. They both said that...
Back
Top Bottom