Recent content by BionicBob

  1. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    You make a good point, no sense in giving my OS reason to argue. But thanks to BS and its mantra, I won't hesitate in the least for speaking up when it comes to how much they want my knee worked now.
  2. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    At the suggestion of my visiting nurse, I asked about using Lidocaine and was told no. No shots or creams allowed. I know how those staples feel and extremely thankful mine were removed when I went for the emergency surgery., so I never had to face the agony of thinking about removal. I hated...
  3. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    Rest assured...you're not alone and glad my experience helped you some. Unfortunately for me I suspect that I'll have a bit of anxiety every time I face a needle from now on. Didn't faze me prior to all this though. Still have to deal with weekly blood work, so between those and the picc line...
  4. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    Almost forgot...today was a day to celebrate. Not sure I'd call it a milestone, but I completed the 28 days of Lovenox injections:yay: While I did overcome the anxiety of doing the injection itself, the last few injections left me in great discomfort. Not quite a burning sensation, but enough to...
  5. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    @SusieShoes and @Celle I knew about not pushing to early, but thought that only applied to the TKR. Now that I've been 4 weeks post op and my knee has been locked full extension the whole time, I thought I had to start working on freeing it up. But if you're saying the wait also applies to...
  6. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    It took a day to recover from the removal of the stitches, but no doubt it feels sooo much better now. Plus now that I'm taking Tramadol and Tylenol that was suggested here, it too has made a difference. Not a whole lot, but enough to take more than the edge off. I'd say the average pain prior...
  7. B

    Bilateral TKR So very happy!!

    I don't mean to laugh, but that is a perfect description!
  8. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    Thanks KarriB, for sure I'll heed your advice. I've seen way too often where some here have pushed too much too soon. Tomorrow is 4 weeks post op for the infection surgery , so I hope its a turning point. The lower part of the incision still doesn't have much of a scar build up yet, and I'm sure...
  9. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    What about ROM? Now that the stitches are out, anyone care to offer an educated guess as to when I'll be able to start the flexion again? My extension is more or less 0 at which the OS even commented about as being a good thing. I didn't specifically ask the OS that Q and didn't want to push the...
  10. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    The remaining stitches came out this past Wednesday and believe me I had to suck it up! I thought the worst would be where the infection was located , but actually they weren't that bad. The real killer ones were the 3 or 4 in the center...they were deep rooted due to having to make up for what...
  11. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    More like a traumatic horror show. As much as I hate to think it, let alone even say it, I still find my thoughts occasionally migrating to regretting having the TKR done at all. The pain level for the last 6 months or so prior to the TKR wasn't that bad, but I've also been out of work since Oct...
  12. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    During Wednesdays appt, I asked my OS about the pain clinic and got a firm reply of "We'll handle your pain management. You don't need the problems that a pain clinic may cause, you have enough to contend with for now." At which I replied "if your idea of pain management is 'suck it up', that...
  13. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    Thanks @KarriB for the insight as it gives me some idea what to possibly expect. Seems this whole ordeal is a learning process and no one is keeping me informed as to what to expect. Maybe I should be asking more questions to my OS and his team, but if I don't know what to ask when I see him...
  14. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    Not really. I do have my original ortho Dr that I could ask, but I'm not going to bother him. If there are newer regs out now, I'm sure he'll abide by them too.
  15. B

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    Well that's a disappointment...just got off the phone with my PCP. He can't prescribe any pain meds unless he is treating me for the condition. He could in the past, but the new regulations have tightened up so much he won't risk his license...which I fully understand. While I think this whole...
Back
Top Bottom