Recent content by Bionic

  1. B

    TKR Bionic's final op - fingers crossed<

    Tomorrow it will be 1 year since I had my left knee replacement. In the 8 months prior to that I also had 2 hip replacements. I know from experience the pain, boredom, frustration, lack of sleep etc. that goes with these ops and it can be a very difficult time. Several times I wondered if I...
  2. B

    TKR Macknit's recovery thread

    I agree with Celle that this is as good as it gets for the time being. I have to admit feeling pretty miserable for the first few weeks. Thats not to say that I had pain all the time but just that I couldn't see a time when things would start to feel 'normal'. Well, 6 and a bit months later I do...
  3. B

    Were you able to wear shoes home from hospital, or were your feet too swollen?

    My feet didn't swell for about a week so it was definitely possible to wear shoes to go home. I had the sketchers slip ons.
  4. B

    TKR Macknit's recovery thread

    @Macknit Re the lounge doctor. I didn't feel I could justify the cost so did as you have done and stacked 3 pillows up for the night. To keep them in place I made 2 'belts' with velcro fastening and it worked really well.
  5. B

    TKR How long does stiffness and soreness last?

    @Gerry f I had my TKR on 1st March this year. I had stiffness up until about 4.5 months. I am now just over 6 months. The bend still isn't great but the stiffness has completely gone and I'm not in any pain. We are all different but the one thing we have in common is that we all need patience...
  6. B

    Friday the 13th

    @gerilari I had my first hip replacement on Friday 13th July last year. It went very well. Since then I have had the other one done and a TKR too. It does seem that the more you have done the longer it takes to recover but just be patient. You know what its all about and will eventually come...
  7. B

    THR Not quite happy but not so unhappy either. Just worried.

    Hi @Carmen2348 The pains and swelling you are encountering seems to me to be about normal for your stage of recovery. I had similar things. Swelling was occurring in places that I didn't expect. It was just a case of resting, icing, elevating and a big dose of patience. To keep me occupied I...
  8. B

    TKR Bionic's final op - fingers crossed<

    Last week was a difficult one. For about 3 weeks I have had some mild pain, sort of like a bruised feeling, in the calf on the side where I had my TKR. Sometimes the pain moved to behind the knee. It didn't really bother me but it was niggling at my head. What if its a blood clot? I went to the...
  9. B

    TKR Bionic's final op - fingers crossed<

    Hi @Mojo333 Things are going well thanks. I don't think the knee will ever be very flexible again but I can walk, go to the gym, take the dog for a walk etc without pain. So I couldn't really ask for more. I don't give the hips a second thought these days. No issues with them at all :thankyou:
  10. B

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    @SurreyGirl So pleased that your biopsy results are clear. One less thing to worry about now :-)
  11. B

    TKR Bad day

    @Maria 535 Unfortunately what you describe is fairly normal in my experience. After both of my hip replacements I was off the meds long before 4 weeks but the knee was much more stubborn. Each time I saw the OS he said "I did tell you that knees are more difficult" I found things...
  12. B

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    Many years ago, after a serious car accident, neighbours were coming to visit bringing flowers and chocolates and one turned up with a donut ring cushion. She told me that I might think it was a strange present but she had been in a similar situation some years previously and it was a life...
  13. B

    TKR 17 Days Post op

    @Lesel Right about where you are now was a pretty bad time for me too. You expect the initial pain/soreness when you have had an op but by 2/3 weeks later you are thinking that you should be able to beat this thing. Thats when the depression starts. I found sleeping was a nightmare. I couldn't...
  14. B

    TKR Numbing after my TKR.

    @Maxinege The numbness is all part of the operation. To be honest my knee has been partially numb since I had a car accident in 1985 so I guess I am used to it by now but there was much more numbness after the TKR. I had my op on 1st of March this year and the numbness is almost back to pre op...
  15. B

    MUA 7 months after TKR - Still stuck at 90 degrees

    I had a TKR on 1st March this year. My ROM hasn't been good for most of that time. The knee was swollen for several months. The OS was very reluctant to do an MUA and I didn't want one either unless really necessary. About 7 weeks ago I found a local gym that specialises in older people and...
Back
Top Bottom