Recent content by bingonut

  1. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    Still doing well- had my post-op appt with OS who said I'm doing great. I have 1 concern- @ top of scar I have a thick scab yet. OS said it will fall off by itself but I may notice there are inside sutures attached to scab. He said if this happens- don't panic- just call & he will take care of...
  2. B

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    I had a Tkr Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  3. B

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    My scar doesn't look bad-- I am 4 1/2 weeks post-op- one thing... At the top of my scar I have a scab approximately 1 inch- very thick scab! At my post- op visit w my OS.. He said it will fall off in time by itself.. But sometimes inner sutures get attached to it. He said if this happens he will...
  4. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    Good day today! Actually got to shave my legs! But better than that... Drove my car!!! It felt great to do that...feeling like a normal person again! But I know I can't over-do it- just so happy I made it to this point!!! I do my exercises faithfully & rest, elevate & ice!! It works!!!!
  5. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    Hi everyone... Just an update..feeling very fortunate! Had my post-op appt today with my OS & he was amazed & really pleased with my recovery. I had my TRKR done on Oct.11th- just 27 days ago.! Only spent 2 days in hospital, came home with a walker & only used it 1 day!even in the hospital they...
  6. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    Had bloodwork this morning & doctor's office called & said to decrease my warfarin & go back to 3... Can't wait to get off these pills!
  7. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    Ok... Guess I should ask again- first time- I asked if anything was wrong & she said no, just have to get u on the right level. Today I didn't ask
  8. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    Yes but they told me I would only be on Coumadin for 3 weeks post-op- that's why I'm confused they keep raising dosage
  9. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    Hi everyone- I am 2 weeks post-op today. Feel like I'm doing great- got my staples removed today! Just went through 2 weeks of home nurse & home therapy. Must start getting my blood work twice a week because of Coumadin - going out-patient therapy also. One thing I don't understand is last week...
  10. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    Denise, when are you getting your surgery?
  11. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    I had a lot of bruising also, just make sure you take the pain meds & elevate & ice a lot. Are you swollen so much? Hard to get any ROM until swelling goes down. Good luck to you also!
  12. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    denpucc, yes I Did get pain meds..have to take them before therapy & other times when I feel I need them. When is your surgery,and what are you having done? After reading some of these stories I feel very fortunate- but I do my Exercises faithfully & ice & elevate often. And I take the pain meds...
  13. B

    TKR ROM

    I feel the same way- wish time could jump ahead! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  14. B

    TKR Bingonut's recovery story

    Sorry message got cut! Had my surgery on Oct. 11 th & came home on the 13th. Have pain meds but just take them before exercising. The muscles above & beside my knee are sore from exercising but all in all feel good. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Back
Top Bottom