Recent content by bikinglynn

  1. bikinglynn

    Bilateral TKR Bikinglynn's Recovery Thread

    Happy Birthday to my knees! One year ago today, I got a new lease on life. If I had known how I would feel now, I would have been a lot more excited and a lot less scared before the surgery. 2020 was a horrible year, but the one bright spot was getting my new knees. I stand and walk with no...
  2. bikinglynn

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR - it does get better

    Welcome to Bonesmart! The lack of sleep and fatigue are common complaints. Both will get better, soon. I'm almost 8 months out, and notice small changes every few weeks. I used to have pain from the sides and back of my thighs, especially when driving. I realized, the other day, that I...
  3. bikinglynn

    Bilateral TKR Mamamoe's Recovery Thread

    5 weeks is still early in the process. Worrying about ROM numbers can cause distress. Rest and find things that give you pleasure. Be patient and gentle with your exercises, so they don't make it harder for your knees to heal. What a joy it is now to take long walks and bicycle rides...
  4. bikinglynn

    Bilateral TKR Mamamoe's Recovery Thread

    When we tell you to take care of yourself and don't push too hard, we mean it. If you or a PT push too hard, your knees will punish you, and not just for a day. The exhaustion and swelling are a way of life for now, but both will get better. It sounds like you are very motivated to gain...
  5. bikinglynn

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    I understand your joy at getting on a bicycle. It is scary to think you might injure those knees. Once you get over this episode, you'll be back on the road. It's so much fun! Take care of yourself.
  6. bikinglynn

    Bilateral TKR Mamamoe's Recovery Thread

    Everyone is different, but try to be patient with yourself. I thought things would improve greatly after 2 weeks, but that did not happen. It is a slow, roller-coaster ride. 6 months later, I'm walking a few miles a day, biking, doing pretty much whatever I normally would do; but with no...
  7. bikinglynn

    Bilateral TKR Mamamoe's Recovery Thread

    I hope everything went well. When you can't sleep, get on here and let us know how things are going. I'm 6 months out and so happy I did this. I didn't feel that way for a while after the surgery. It's really tough, but it will get better.
  8. bikinglynn

    TKR Getting back to hiking and climbing.

    I've climbed Sneffels (quite a few years ago), and that's nothing to sneeze at. Bravo! As far as your knees go, was the climb or descent harder?
  9. bikinglynn

    TKR TKR please help me!

    I had my 4 month checkup and the doctor was happy with my progress. I can straighten my knees, but my flexion is only around 115. He reminded me that I'm not even half way through the healing process. I stopped PT, when I felt it wasn't helping and I was dreading the appointments. Walking...
  10. bikinglynn

    TKR Birdwatcher's recovery thread

    You are doing great! You are figuring out how to increase your activity without overdoing it. That is a hard lesson to learn. It sounds like you are really enjoying getting your life back, and that is the reason we all do this.
  11. bikinglynn

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Sending good thoughts your way for continued healing.
  12. bikinglynn

    Bilateral TKR 2nd day Post op BTKR-pain is terrible

    Do whatever you can to relax and distract from the pain and discomfort. Take your pain meds on time, ice, and elevate. I watched cat videos and streaming videos the first few weeks. Through the sleepless nights, I would get on Bonesmart and read everyone's postings and watch TV sitcoms from...
  13. bikinglynn

    Revision TKR Revision TKR - Total Revision August 5, 2022

    I agree with Pumpkin, your knees probably need rest. The most pain I had, after the initial surgery pain, was from doing too much. Unfortunately, my knees did not give me warning, they just punished me later. On top of that, one day of overdoing could take 5 days to get over it.
  14. bikinglynn

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. Let us know how your appointment goes.
  15. bikinglynn

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    Beautiful photos! Enjoy your walks while you get stronger and stronger. :walking:
Back
Top Bottom