Recent content by BigChief56

  1. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Thanks all, I’ll give those a try. Unfortunately the only thing that will take care of the pain completely is my next operation for a knee replacement. I could do it this year but just wanted to take a year off before another surgery. Enjoy your weekend. @Layla @CricketHip @Elf1
  2. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Thanks @Layla . I haven’t been able to get in to the surgeon yet for the 3 month follow up. Had 2 appointments both were cancelled so i made the third appointment for Jun...hope that holds. Hip continues to improve. Working on later mobility as that is lagging. Knee is still problematic at...
  3. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Thanks @Layla . Seems to be going well. Have some tendon pain (I think) in the front of the thigh that flares up when i push my leg on walks or strength training. I'm not entirely sure how far into my femur the stem goes so it could be pain associated with the implant...just not sure but on my...
  4. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    @Melina i hope the ice helps and it improves with time.
  5. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    @Melina patience is the key on this type of recovery. Ice is very helpful, was yours an anterior or posterior approach? What kind of symptoms are you struggling with? I spent 6 years at Luke in the 1980s when they had two wings. I was in the 405 TTW and worked F-15A/B/C/D/E...
  6. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    No @Melina I was in aircraft maintenance for 24 years, but i liked working on fighters.
  7. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Thanks all. @Layla my need for a TKR led to my hip problems. Looking back i could have been a bit smarter and sequenced my joint replacements a bit better. Might have saved me a surgery (or two). Live and learn. :)
  8. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    @Layla @Fit4Family had my appointment Friday and all looked good on the x-rays. He said it would be several months before he will be able to see bone growing in on the x-ray. At this point he said he is looking for any gaps between the bone/implant and he didn’t see anything of concern. Have...
  9. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Thanks @Layla. The first couple of days i was tired when i returned, but last week seemed to go okay. Generally walk when i get home then rest up. Thanks for the info on the popping. It only happened once so i don’t think it would be a tendon. It felt like i popped an internal stich or it...
  10. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Hi @Fit4Family. How are you doing with your revision? Hope all is well.
  11. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Hi @Layla thanks for the 1 month thoughts. Sorry i haven’t been consistent in my updates. I am doing pretty well. Went back to work on 23 Jan and that seems to be going ok. I only did 3 PT sessions (1/week) and after that really have just concentrated on walking not doing the exercises...
  12. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Well all is going well. Hip is very sore so I think all of the hospital drugs have worn off. Pain seems to be more muscular rather than bone which makes sense since there wasn’t as much trauma to the bone this time around. Sleeping on my back is a challenge as it was last time so i need to get...
  13. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Surgery went well. Plan to go home today. From what he could tell I had a hairline crack in the femur and he thinks that allowed the stem to keep moving so it never grew in. So he wired the hip to provide more support. He also ended up changing the cup since it wasn't working well for how he...
  14. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Hi @Fit4Family , hope your surgery went will. I have the house prepped for tomorrow. I’ll reach out to all after i get home. Thanks for all of the well wishes.
  15. BigChief56

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Thanks @Fit4Family . Hope your surgery goes well and you have an uneventful recovery. Will be finishing up my pre-op appointments on Monday. Looks like i will getting a spinal for the anesthesia so that will be a bit different this time around.
Back
Top Bottom