Recent content by bigal1947

  1. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    Hello again We are at 13 weeks. It’s sore when I get up from sitting and is sore when I walk down the stairs. Up is easier but still sore. I’m only very occasionally taking Panado. Once I have warmed up walking is no problem. Just hope all the pains would go.
  2. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    I’m now at week 11 I have been back at work full time fo4 about 3 weeks. I still have phsio now 2 instead of 3 times per week. I’m only on Panado twice a day. I can walk up and down steps properly but there is some pain but I am battling through it. Sleeping sometimes is a problem.
  3. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    Now at week 11 and have been working full time for about 3 weeks. Still having Physio now twice a week and still need Panado once or twice a day. Am able to walk up and down( more difficult) with pain levels at about 3. Sleeping still sometimes difficult. Walking very comfortable after first...
  4. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    its now some 8 weeks and things are going much better. I am off all medications except Panado which in North America is Tylenol. My doctor is quite happy that I can take that for as long as the pain lasts. The pain is only when getting up or changing the angle of my knee. Walking is OK -the...
  5. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    I’m still on 2 crutches to go up and down the stairs. I haven’t yet ventured out for two long but I’m hoping in the next 2 weeks to do that. I’m hoping to go back to office on the 8 Jan.
  6. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    How long should pain medication continue for.
  7. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    I am icing. It does kill the pain.
  8. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    It’s week 5. I’m still in lots of pain but have been told to reduce the TRAMACET and try to get by on Panado which is Paracetamol. Walking is not that difficult and the stairs I still have to use crutches. My therapist is back from leave the next week so will learn about the stairs. My biggest...
  9. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    My full details of surgery is 3 Dec 2018. PKR RIGHT KNEE 8 Dec 2018. Repair and wash suspected infection 20 Dec Scope and removed spur 25 January 2019. Increased size of area where prosthesis touching nerves. 25. To come TKR.
  10. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    Thank you for your encouragement and help. My surgery is on the 25 th of this month.
  11. B

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    Hello from Cape Town, South Africa. Reading these terribly sad stories I’m starting to feel better already. I had a pkr in Dec 2018 and had to go back 3 times into surgery as it was not right. After 4 operations I decided to give it time. I’m in pain all the time it’s only a matter of degree. I...
  12. B

    2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Hi Celticmom. I’m scheduled for the 4th. When’s yours.
  13. B

    2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Hello everybody. I am in Cape Town South Africa and having a partial knee replacement on 4 December 2018. I have suffered for 8 years and am looking forward to the op( am I mad?)
Back
Top Bottom