Recent content by Big Tuna

  1. B

    Bilateral TKR - nervous, wondering if I can do this

    Do not be afraid. You can do this! I had mine done two years ago and had a speedy pain free recovery. The only time I felt any pain was for about 10 min after surgery when my spinal wore off and for a short time on day two after the femoral block stopped. I was quickly given another pain...
  2. B

    To b or not to b (bilateral)

    Hi Deb I had both of mine done at the same time two years ago. I'm still happy my doctor gave me that option. I didn't have any complications after surgery and my recovery was uneventful. I did choose to go to a rehab for a week but thinking back I could have just gone home. After three days I...
  3. B

    Bilateral TKR I'm on the other side and looking for the handshake.

    I've traveled with many MDs over the years and watched as they popped 3 ibuprofen at once. One even claimed they did'nt work for her with less than 3. I do have a large bottle of extra strength Tylenol but they never do much for me. May have to try the Aleve
  4. B

    Bilateral TKR I'm on the other side and looking for the handshake.

    Hi @Jamie,@Shmi47 Busy day for me yesterday. Open house at school for parents to come and meet their children's teacher. That made for a 14 hour day for me at work and my knees were not happy. I'm trying to spend more time off my feet but with 30 students in each of my 6 classes and all looking...
  5. B

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    At about 7 weeks I made 127 and I thought that was great. At week 12 I went to my last follow-up with my OS and he took a fast look and declared me at least 115 without pushing it. He was very pleased with that and said I would have no problem making 130 or more by next summer. Judging from his...
  6. B

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    I had the same body jerks but only at night as I was trying to fall asleep. I think it was the Hydrocodone I was taking because the body jerking went away after I got off the meds.
  7. B

    Bilateral TKR I'm on the other side and looking for the handshake.

    Almost 13 weeks post-op and everything was going great. I went back to work three weeks ago, teaching high school math and my knees feel like I'm back at week 7. We are short staffed and almost the whole department is teaching extra classes which means I'm on my feet 6 to 7 hours a day. The...
  8. B

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Good for you on doing both knees at once. I do not think its that much more difficult then one at a time. I spent 3days in the hospital and a week in rehab. I have steps as well and did'nt feel that going home right away was the best option. However after 3days in rehab I felt I was ready to go...
  9. B

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    My first 4 weeks post-op I was also taking 2 Hydrocodone every 6 hours which kept me pain free and happy. If you need 2, take them. After the fourth week I began the change to Tremadol 50 mg along with OTC meds. Two before PT and another one or two before bed. If I was having a bad day I did'nt...
  10. B

    Bilateral TKR I'm on the other side and looking for the handshake.

    Hi @Jamie,@referee54 Thanks for your helpful advice because I have to admit I'm not good at always doing the right thing. After my Sunday ride and PT on Monday my knees were telling me I over did it. My recovery really has been easy and I did not think at the time that the ride was pushing it...
  11. B

    Bilateral TKR I'm on the other side and looking for the handshake.

    In honor of being seven weeks post-op I went on a 25 mile bike ride last Sunday and now I feeling pain in my knee cap area when I stand-up or walk up and down stairs. It's funny that during PT I can still do sets of 120lbs for each leg on the leg press without any pain or discomfort. I guess my...
  12. B

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    We lost one older cat to lymphoma about six months ago, and our 8-year-old cat just got diagnosed with an aggressive large-cell lymphoma. Our first vet put the first cat on prednisone, and it wasn't helping. It was only after some internet research that we learned most cats need prednisolone...
  13. B

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    Best of luck going back to work. I have 3 more weeks off before a full week of teacher meetings and students back the day after Labor Day. That will be 10 weeks post-op for me. I'm going to get out as much as possible and have as much fun as I can before 8 to 12 hour workdays begin.
  14. B

    It's about time I fix them!! BTKR Aug 4th

    @tiredwife what may of helped me a lot is that at the end of surgery they positioned my leg as straight as could be and then wrapped it tight with elastic bandages and Velcro braces in such a way that I could not bend them at all for two days. No CPM machine for me. I've had 0 extension from the...
  15. B

    It's about time I fix them!! BTKR Aug 4th

    Hi All Good for you in going with BLTK. It's not that bad! I'm almost at 5 weeks post-op and things are going very well. The first time you get out of bed and on your feet you will be amazed that the pain you are used to will be gone. I did go to rehab but wanted to go home after two days. I...
Back
Top Bottom