Recent content by BEWITCHED Charm

  1. B

    TKR LTKR 12/28 Newbie here

    I have noticed so much being written on bone smart about the awful pain some of us get once the nerve block wears off after surgery. I had a bad experience myself with this and I just wish the transition from the no pain to some pain was just that and not the "no pain to then excruciating pain!"...
  2. B

    TKR LTKR 12/28 Newbie here

    @Smilechild Hi gosh you sound like your recovery is going really well! I didn't have any information about trying to kneel down and although I had my tkr at the end of October 2021 I hadn't tried to do this until about three weeks ago. Unfortunately when I did although it was on a very thick...
  3. B

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    @2chains Do you know what I am going to put any success I am having down to the support and advice from others on bonesmart. Without the information I would have tried pushing myself and probably ended up laid up! I know that one of my Physio appointments put me back as they pushed my knee to...
  4. B

    TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

    @benne68 Well done you! Sounds like you have achieved so much . As a new bee on this site it seems to me We all seem to get to the same place but in our own time. I was never exactly fit before surgery so actually this is the most exercise I have done in years and so am impressed that my new...
  5. B

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    Today I went to see my consultant. He was quite happy with how my knee is doing . It is still warm to touch and swollen but it is doing the things I never thought at the beginning of this journey it would ever manage to do. Surgeon said a stationary bike would be good but if not going up and...
  6. B

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    @Cass1e Hi I just wondered how you were going on? As you had told me your surgery was just a couple of days before mine. I am doing ok not sleeping in bed so good still at nights but today I overdid it and after going to see the consultant for my check up and Walking a fair hill to get to the...
  7. B

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    Oh thank you everyone for your replies re- the steps/ stairs. I have found it very interesting to read what you have all said about this. It's difficult in the UK as I am under the NHS and as such only get to see a physiotherapist once a fortnight. I have only been in the stationary bike once...
  8. B

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    I am 7 weeks post operative today. The not getting to the toilet in time has abated ( thank goodness) My appetite has definitely come back ( this one is perhaps not so good as I do tend to turn into Kermit's girlfriend when it comes to food.) I am able to get my leg doing straight leg lifts I...
  9. B

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    Oh no I'm sorry I think I have put my last post in the wry place .. again. Oh Blimey I do apologize I was just reading what some others had written and stupid me just wrote underneath it.. sorry!
  10. B

    TKR Back with the other one!

    Well folks like your ideas on toning down Christmas if not everything just so it's more manageable. I have never been organised with presents cards etc in my life .. but this year I had them all done before my surgery in October! I was well impressed with myself. Mind you I did still manage to...
  11. B

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    Thank you everyone for your stories and support. To be honest I just couldn't do the exercises even if I had tried due to spasms in my back. I can't do diddly squat about it as have lower lumber degeneration and it's prone to happening. But I think I have started in moaning by trying to get...
  12. B

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    Hi is this where I should write please can you tell me? I don't have the grey toolbar only blue one sorry don't mean to write in wrong place if this is correct I will know for the future. Thanks
  13. B

    TKR Muscle spasm?

    Well yesterday we had our Grandaughter visit so in My infinite wisdom I decided not to go hard on with the exercise ( leg was really hurting me the night before) so did just that.. very little. Saturday today up bright and ready to do exercise has shower dressed was ready to go downstairs...
  14. B

    TKR Numbness knee replacement

    This is the people who go through the surgery can be such a support. I suffer anxiety and my mind takes over and can make what might be just something with a simple solution or answer simply massive to me and very stressful. I have found myself in sheer panic after leaving the hospital as I just...
  15. B

    PKR Taking it steady

    Well I went to physio yesterday and after pedalling a bike ( I swore I'd never get back on the saddle again after hubby conned me into doing a ten mile bike ride over twenty years ago) both then and today I acquired John Wayne's walk and felt like Forest Gump when he had been " shot in the...
Back
Top Bottom