Recent content by Betsy-Knees-7-2014

  1. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR MB's road to recovery - 7th month update

    Hi Mary Beth, @dtmbf Thanks for your post, I am 5 months out after RTKR and I feel good most of the time except for the bend. I decided after MUA to let it be as the kids say "It is what it is"... and from reading many said it improves as we go. I love the strength and also can shop...
  2. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR Almost 2 years post replacement

    Hi Pinkrose, So sorry to hear your pain. In more ways than 1 but I know there is gr8 help here. Did you read the articles posted? I am 11 weeks out and working on the bend. Good luck,
  3. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR I did it!!

    Good luck with the first few days; Do ask because I found I could have them "as requested".... I was waiting for them to come in at 4 hours and no one came so 10 mins and I buzzed. Also, an alarm watch (casio walmart 14.00) is great for making sure you don't miss a beat. Also, sleep mask and...
  4. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR It's definitely a long and winding road...

    Hi @jan12218, I am a little further along than you but I have luck with the heating pad. I wrap it around and use a Velcro strap bend and the warmth softens it a bit. Then I do the bike for 10 minutes, then ice. Yes it is stiff and when I'm walking around I notice it. But I know it is a...
  5. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR Right tkr 18th September 2014 !!!!

    Good luck and I thought I'd mention the CPM machine may be helpful also while you are asleep. Say in a week or so. My friend used it to set with the bend at the most for you, and stop it in that position and sleep. That helps stretch the tendons. For me I used it 2x a day got the bend but not...
  6. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Just thought I'd show this pic of my scar 9 weeks out.
  7. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    Cryo cuff

    I have the electric one and LOVE it. 200.00 but Medicare may pay since I have hit my medical equipment deductible. So, I set in on a tray, on a towel next to my lazy-girl chair. More condusive to using. Now for ice here's what I found works well. Take 2 - 5"Imperial plastic bowls and freeze...
  8. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    PKR Update on my recovery

    Hi Lamar, I also take Norco 5-325. After surgery I alternated it and Tramadol with Tylenol. Watching the total per day not to exceed the numbers. Now, 7 weeks post op, I use Tramadol with tylenol throughout the day and night. Say every six hours, with a Norco substituted before therapy. So...
  9. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    Icing Tools

    Gosh the full array of icing solutions. I have the Cryo machine and LOVE it. 200.00 from the same guy who brings the CPM machine. My OS wrote the perscription but the co. May not like doing the paper work. Some equipment place in town may agree. Call around. I figured Id have it in rehab, and...
  10. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR New knee for Drewsie!!

    Hi, good job. I take Resterol (dr percribed) when I wake like that. It is mild and doesn't make you feel groggy in the morning. Keep up the good work.
  11. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR Insane at 8 weeks

    Hi, what are you taking for pain.,? I alternate Norco and Tramadol and I am more tired with the Tramadol. If that is what you are taking maybe switch and feel better. I'm 5 weeks post op and got 95* today. Having a ball at PT. Another gal (also TRK) and I joke alot. PT is great. Good luck...
  12. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    What has helped you most in your recovery from knee surgery...

    My list is long too. I agree with you all but Ear plugs for sleeping at hospital and also going to rehab for a week was super. Bed moves, gals were great. Also alarm casio watch (14.00 at Walmart) to keep meds going 24 hrs a day.
  13. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR Amberpep's Recovery Thread

    Hi Abby @amberpep, I also went to Rehab after my RTKR and LOVED it. It was truly the plus to my quick recovery. Almost 4 weeks post op and I am walking without a walker to the end of a long driveway. Doing PT and getting the ROM but just going slow and steady. Love all the help and...
  14. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR 17 days post tkr much needed advice

    Hi Chic, I am about the same time as you are post op. I take a sleeping pill too and found that it helps me rest my knees for sleep. They need to settle down when I go to bed. Are you doing PT? I go a couple times a week and will see my OS in a month. Call yours and request what you need as...
  15. Betsy-Knees-7-2014

    TKR July 15, 2014 for me

    Hi @marmora , Hi and welcome to BS. I have noticed that folks who have had muliple issues with their knee have a little harder time recovering. So hang in there. Im 2 wweks post op and walking around the block sounds horrible to me too. I was trying to see it I can make it to Joanne's...
Back
Top Bottom