Recent content by beralc

  1. B

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    Really happy @Andypandy to hear all’s well. Long may it continue x
  2. B

    TKR I'm back again

    Hi All. @Dolphin5 I don’t think @Layla and I were saying different things. What Layla was saying is that you need to get the lymph transported up into the abdomen to allow for filtering I was saying the same thing but also mentioned where that massage begins ,lower leg and behind the knee up...
  3. B

    TKR I'm back again

    I can fully endorse doing some lymphatic massage @Dolphin5. When I was in hospital for a suspected clot I had scans of my leg the radiographer apologised for having to press so hard and deeply in order to see the vessels below but she said I had an awful lot of swelling behind the knee and calf...
  4. B

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    Well pat yourselves on the back ladies. A job well done by all of you. If the only thing you ever achieve, is to enable people to advocate for themselves it’s a job very well done. Of course your advice goes deeper than that, but that’s a really important achievement. ❤️
  5. B

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    I made it!! My 3 month anniversary :ok:everything with the knee is going really well. I can actually feel my kneecap now as the swelling’s so much less. It feels good and strong and I’m very happy with it. If I could have seen how I am now, back in the first weeks after surgery, I wouldn’t have...
  6. B

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 . It sounds like you’re starting to make plans and bringing activities like walking etc into your daily routine, that’s great and wonderful you’ve found the friendship you have. Don’t know how things are elsewhere but in the UK, accessing Mental Health Services is very much patient...
  7. B

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin. I’m so happy reading your posts today. I mentioned to you about my daughter who was severely depressed, some years ago and I totally recognise this isn’t simply post op blues or a case of pulling yourself together it’s much more complex, so contacting the Mental Health Services isa...
  8. B

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin5 well done first of all, for going into so much detail, that can’t have been easy to share but is probably a very good thing. “Taking up people’s time” as you put it by posting as you have,was the best thing to have done, because it’s allowed and will allow others to assist you in...
  9. B

    TKR I'm back again

    “My son who came over has gone home. He's quite angry that he had a wasted trip. Before his text last night I'd thought I could perhaps get to my pedicure today, perhaps a short walk first, perhaps some lunch, I don't know, but his text showed he really really didn't want to be with me. And who...
  10. B

    TKR I'm back again

    Oh @Dolphin5 reading your post made me cry. I feel so sad for you. And whilst we’re not you I believe everyone of us here can relate to what you’re going through,if not exactly, then on some level. I think the most important part of your recovery at present is your mental health and it may...
  11. B

    TKR I'm back again

    Hi @Dolphin5 have read quickly and it certainly sounds like you’re making progress, with some hurdles which is normal. It’s not about how much it’s progress. I am sorry for your loss ❤️ In regards to the exercise @mendogal mentioned I was given these exercises by physio but after about 5 I...
  12. B

    TKR I'm back again

    While your leg is elevated overnight, it’s important to try and stay elevated , so for the night time you need to make your top half stable so you’re more likely to remain comfortably in position. I’ve added a drawing of what we nurses used to call the armchair pillow arrangement.Pillow 1 is...
  13. B

    TKR I'm back again

    @Dolphin. I know it all seems so confusing for you. Should I do this should I not do that, will I make things worse, why am I not improving??? The fact that it feels backwards and forwards is because it is. I don’t know of anyone on the Forum who has followed a straight line. You won’t know...
  14. B

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    Yes @mendogal went out for brunch yesterday a new thing for me and although I took a cane I actually found it more of a hindrance because the knee is so stable while walking, it feels great, such a strange experience from all those years of instability. And I really feel in control of...
  15. B

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    Thought I’d check in. Sending hugs to everyone and hope you’re all progressing ok. Had bloods done yesterday, Hb in normal range now, so big improvement there, so the exhaustion I feel now, is down to my previous underlying conditions and simply the result of having surgery. I’ve continued...
Back
Top Bottom