Recent content by Beezknees

  1. B

    TKR Spasms and sleepless nights

    Listen to my knee, I think that is going to be key to my progress . The therapist used a goniometer to check his straight my leg was each visit .I was always suspicious of his readings because I wore baggy flannel pants with my knee stretched out on top of a bulky bedspread. He would get eye...
  2. B

    TKR Spasms and sleepless nights

    Hi, it was another long night, however I was in my recliner with my leg elevated and on ice all night . Fell asleep about 4:00 a.m. for a few hours and today was a better day in terms of pain and mobility. I am learning toward skipping out-patient therapy. I'll get a rash of doodoo from my...
  3. B

    TKR Spasms and sleepless nights

    Hi! I had left TKR on 12/17 . The surgery went well. I just had my 12th and final in home therapy. The focus was on getting my knee straight to prevent it from buckling. On the final day of in-home, the therapist gave me an exercise meant to get my leg to bend. I saw the Doc the day before my...
  4. B

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    Hi! I had left TKR on 12/17 . The surgery went well. I just had my 12th and final in home therapy. The focus was on getting my knee straight to prevent it from buckling. On the final day of in-home, the therapist gave me an exercise meant to get my leg to bend. I saw the Doc the day before my...
  5. B

    Counting down the days . . .

    Five days to go, TKR surgery happening 12/17/18. Already looking forward to leaving the hospital and I haven't even checked in yet. I'll be leaving the hospital with titanium parts made by Biomet to go with my new titanium hip. Years ago my younger sister brought her hip bone home. Personally...
  6. B

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Greetings to all from Indiana! I've been living with my new hip for about 3 months now. I'm feeling very grateful to have family and super healthcare. I'm scheduled for a left TKR in December. I use a cane when I go out. Sounds odd but I can't determine if my bad left knee or my new hip is to...
  7. B

    2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Yes I'm having knee surgery on my left knee on December on the 17th . In August I had my right hip replaced. I was not a member of this forum at the time of my hip surgery. I'm looking forward to limping along with others in the same boat!
  8. B

    2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Surgery date is December 17, 2018. Not sure how to add my user name along with DebCoz and Gimpy9. Good luck to all .
Back
Top Bottom