Recent content by Beckaroo

  1. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Thank you so much Celle! I really appreciate it.
  2. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Guys I’m sooooo excited and just have to share. I’m going to Germany!! The whole month of August! My daughter is having our first grandson and I’ll hopefully be there at the birth... timing is tricky, little people have a mind of their own when they want to enter the world. Had I not had this...
  3. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Hey there Beach!! I had my surgery last year in October too!! I figure if your fairly active, pretty healthy, and not using a walker or wheelchair there’s probably no reason you can’t do bilateral surgery. I highly recommend it! It’s certainly not a walk in the park, but once you’ve recovered...
  4. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    8 months out and ALMOST forgot to check back in!!! But here I am. I’ve been so busy. I’ve been so PAIN FREE!!! I go up and down the stairs, easily. I do still need the handrails due to my balance just not quite right yet, but hey... I can deal with that. :) :-) (: Basically, I can’t think...
  5. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Hi @MSgirl I’ve said that to myself many times. Why in the world did I wait so long!? I had to stop working 6 years ago. You’d think that was my first clue! :shrug: But no... I just kept waiting and waiting. I agree, let’s tell everyone who has bad knees... get it done! Sometimes I see folks...
  6. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Here I am. Another month has gone by. 7 months post op. It’s hard to believe! I can’t say anything has really changed since I was here last month. It’s just been so good!! I have absolutely no pain in my knees. Now that’s not to say I don’t occasionally experience a heaviness in my legs when...
  7. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    More like the pot of Gold!!!!
  8. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Can they??!!! Can they really get better!! I’m so over-the-top with them now I can’t imagine what “better” will be like!! Oh my gosh... I forgot one thing! When I bend over in the shower, if I’m not careful... I could fall on my head!! Don’t know what you call that? It’s my balance I know, so...
  9. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Wow!!! 6 months post-op!! Just checking in to say hi :wave:and record my progress. I’m doing great! No meds!! Nothing, not one! Had some blood work done a while back. My LDL cholesterol has dropped about 40 points!! No cholesterol medication for me! Woot! Ok... back to knees. Here’s where I’m...
  10. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    No worries about that pillow under my knee... I kick them out to the floor in my sleep!! Every single time!! :heehee:
  11. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Thank you! I’d not known what to do without these super Bonesmarties! Fear is lack of knowledge. I’ve gone through this recovery with no fear due to them. I know that recovery takes time and there’s no limit to how much time for the best results. I’ve gain so my knowledge from all here, I’m very...
  12. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    I haven’t!!! That’s a great idea. I’ll do that tonight.
  13. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Yes, the damage to the car was caused by rats!! Two chewed wires cost us $1400!!! They had to dismantle the whole right front of my car. So now it goes up for sell....hubs bought me a new car! Note to self.... don’t jump out of running car! :yikes: My word, @KarriB !!! Thank God you’re okay...
  14. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    I am extending it at night in my sleep. I guess it begins to ache and wakes me up. I have such a little amount until it’s at zero, but I guess it’s just enough to cause the pain. It’s the only pain I have at all and it does vanish quickly as soon as I bend a bit. It’s so strange not to think...
  15. Beckaroo

    Bilateral TKR Beckaroo's recovery thread

    Thank you to all! I’ve been so busy... had my car towed to the Volvo dealership yesterday to figure out why it won’t run. Rat damage is my guess, husband says no...we’ll see who’s right. First vehicle he’s not been able to fix, ever. Bought a new car in the meantime. So now... life can settle...
Back
Top Bottom