Recent content by beachgal

  1. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    It’s a lovely Saturday morning here, I’m sitting on our front porch at new house, looking at the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, while our new dishwasher is being installed. It’s been eight months since my RTHR and my last post was the end of January. Hubby, pup, and I have worked tirelessly...
  2. beachgal

    THR Woodstockhip’s Recovery Thread

    @Woodstockhip, your observations are spot on! Isn’t it wonderful to reacquaint with how life used to be?? I can identify 100%! Time to say goodbye to that heating pad, at least on a daily basis. Let’s get on with living our best life! :happydance:
  3. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    Five months down tomorrow and life doesn’t slow down because we are recovering. I’ve had some “outta blue” issues with virus and a new house, all good, but no way to prepare. My thoughts tonight center around being as prepared and alert as you can for what comes. I’m getting my stamina...
  4. beachgal

    THR Woodstockhip’s Recovery Thread

    @Woodstockhip, Is it really time to start month #5??? Let’s GO! Still some swelling in my ankles but it’s one or all of three things….not enough H2O, too much salty foods, or too many Scotch cocktails! So, I’m adjusting. But no more issues with fever, tax season is blowing and going, I got...
  5. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    Hi, all, and thanks for checking up on me....yes, a busy time of year around the office made much easier by a pain-free hip! Our weather has been gorgeous which makes it harder to stay focused and work but I pray for all those areas so adversely affected by Mother Nature. Our friends in CA are...
  6. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    @Layla, @Rhonda K, @Bfam85. @Woodstockhip, @Merrimay, @myglasshalffull, @djklaugh, @CricketHip, @Elf1, @benne68, @Brookeer, @Ianstan, @Shadowstar1951!, and all of you who have checked in on me, wondered if I had fallen off the earth, and curious about my unnamed virus causing my fever, well, I'm...
  7. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    Sometimes I think these hiccups are meant to slow us down a bit and, with fever, no one feels like doing anything. We both got our Covid #3 boosters yesterday and hubby is feeling a few side effects this morning. Nice fire going, sunny but bonechilling temps down south so might be a good day...
  8. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    Happy Holidays to the sweetest, most caring and thoughtful group of hippies ever! I have been on a “journey” not at all anticipated but I think I see the light at the end! Wow! When I last updated my thread, we had spent Thanksgiving with my extended family and I was sick that night. We...
  9. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    Update! Dr thinks I have a little hidden inflammation caused by my squirrelly diverticulitis. Already on an antibiotic and he thinks it should be a quick rebound. Sure hope so.
  10. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    It’s been a full week since Thanksgiving and celebrating my two-month hip anniversary and I’m still so thankful for this miracle. My family time for Thanksgiving went off the rails after that one day of family time, though. Thursday night I got so sick in the hotel! Fever, tummy issues from...
  11. beachgal

    THR Two years of building the courage, finally on the other side!

    With my #1 THR, I couldn’t do the clamshells. With my #2 THR, my muscles ached with most everything so I’d do PT one day and rest the next or something similar. It sorted out after about a week but just underscoring that everyone and every procedure heals differently. Listen to your body!
  12. beachgal

    THR Two years of building the courage, finally on the other side!

    Abbalayla, there are no medals for overachiever here. Please err on the side of caution and be wary of the little voice between your ears. Listen to your hip! Much love and blessings always. :)
  13. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    It’s a bit after noon and it’s 52 degrees and overcast. :rotfl:
  14. beachgal

    THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

    RhondaK, Bfam85, Layla, Woodstockhip, and all others, good frigid morning from the Gulf Coast! Brrrr, yes, chilly here, but in true coastal fashion, there is a big Gumbo Festival today near us and the participants are already preparing their roux! A sampling of all is surely in our plans this...
  15. beachgal

    THR Brooksy’s Hip Recovery

    My OS would have prescribed the antibiotics but I’ve always gotten them from my dentist when I’ve needed them. They actually ask./remind me about taking them an hour before my appt time. But I take four 500 mg amoxicillin. No biggie. I figure it also helps knock out anything else wicked...
Back
Top Bottom