Recent content by barzeen

  1. B

    TKR Knee replacement w a Parkinson diagnosis.

    Has anyone ever had a knee replacement after being diagnosed with Parkinson's? I had my right one done last spring intending to have the left one done after the first however was just diagnosed w the Parkinson's... neurologist says to go for it.. just anxious with the diagnosis...
  2. B

    TKR nervous over 3rd joint replacements

    Ive always been very independent ... and pretty much healthy up until the fall on the black ice in 2017.. downhill since.. living w my daughter who is a great help however all ready has her hands so full... i have insisted on seeing a neurologist end of November there has too be an answer.. i...
  3. B

    TKR nervous over 3rd joint replacements

    had TKR in April.. Continue to be off balance and falling.. left shoulder replaced in August... now need the left knee done... so very sick of feeling like this and the thought of another surgery is so very overwhelming... experiencing what doctor seems to think are essential tremors.. which...
  4. B

    TKR nervous over 3rd joint replacements

    Has anyone ever experienced leg tremors while trying to walk before or following a TKR. Doctor spoke lightly of it as it could be anxiety, which God knows how I pray he is right however it's affecting my walking healing.
  5. B

    TKR nervous over 3rd joint replacements

    I am 8 weeks post op,. still at my daughters. Just wondering if anyone still struggles with balance? I've had 3 falls since being home. None serious, thank God, however scary. I am no speed demon. 2 were with my walker with my daughter next to me. PT 3 times a week at home, home nurses, I try...
  6. B

    TKR nervous over 3rd joint replacements

    Josephine thank you for any questions...
  7. B

    TKR nervous over 3rd joint replacements

    Had my surgery almost 4 weeks ago.. Knee is doing well!!! The rest of me ughh.. painful pressure sore.. hospital Fri evening stage 2 ulcer need to contact wound care tomorrow. Cautiously using walker but torn rotator cuff making that difficult.. Doctor wants me on Tylenol only.. Doesn't...
  8. B

    Bone-on-bone both knees and torn ACL

    I had a similar experience with lack of interest just being blown off.. i got on the phone and just started calling.. u can tell by the receptionist quite often if the doctor is more compassionate...found one who loved her boss the doctor so I went in and he's the only one that has made a...
  9. B

    Anxiety and depression

    thank you all for your support..one week the surgery will be behind me... just a lot more going on to ad to the stress... but i will try to focus on one thing at a time... and that is the knee...just tired on top of everything... doesn't help for sure.. i may very well be back warning going to...
  10. B

    Anxiety and depression

    I've dealt with anxiety and depression bulk of my life. This pending knee replacement is taking it's toll. 2 bad knees, torn rotator cuff, right shoulder hurt during last fall and back. I've always been active and very independent and obviously not so much lately. I have things I should be...
  11. B

    Been rescheduled !!

    Because of the infection i need to redo pre-testing tomorrow... and I have rescheduled date for surgery on 4/23/19..assuming all goes well tomorrow... Anxiety is beyond ridiculous...so many unanswered questions..i get in and out of bed on my right knee..the one getting fixed.. i assume they will...
  12. B

    Rehab following surgery?

    Anyone have to go to Rehab for any period of time after being released from hospital? I intend to go to my daughter and husbands as the house they recently bought has handicap accessible bedroom with a bathroom I can use. My doctor however insists I go to a rehab for a week or so. Ii have 2...
  13. B

    Been rescheduled !!

    Apparently I have a rare bacterial UTI infection so my surgery has been cancelled until he is convinced I'm cleared.. minimum 4-6 weeks.. just majorly bummed.. I absolutely understand but just so want my life back.. been having a rough time to begin with having this done and now it drags on...
  14. B

    Approval is being questioned a week before surgery

    It was a glitch in the paperwork... They called at 8:30 this morning...still on for tues the 2nd... as terrified I am of all this... it really threw me when the chance of not getting it was a possibility...God works in mysterious ways... thank you !!!
  15. B

    Approval is being questioned a week before surgery

    Thank you both so much.. I have been panicky from day one.. i JUST finally started to focus on preparing for the positive.. doctors phone call really threw me... I'm just praying he will get it straightened out tomorrow..he is guessing it may be my BMI.. but he said the insurance co are saying...
Back
Top Bottom