Recent content by Baileysmom

  1. B

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    Dear knee gone, I am speaking to you from the perspective of bilateral tkrs that are four months old. Absolutely no one is prepared for the length of recovery that this surgery requires. Before the tkr. I was a veteran of five other knee surgeries and I can tell you that I had never experienced...
  2. B

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    I am thrilled and delighted to read your latest post. I am about 5 weeks behind you in my BTKR recovery and I have been following your recovery thread because your complaints sounded very much like my own experience to date. Aside from a stitch abscess at six weeks which set me back a bit and...
  3. B

    Change Thread Titles

    May I change the title of my recovery thread from "still in pain with every step" to "learning to be patient ". Thank you !
  4. B

    I need your help: Has BoneSmart helped in your TKR recovery?

    Hello Jo, I credit Bonesmart with mental health as well as help with the physical recovery process. Virtually all of us come into this operation with little or no information about the recovery process, it's length, the effects of narcotic pain meds, the amount of pain that we can expect and a...
  5. B

    Clunking and Unsteady 6 weeks Post, Scab?

    Hi Dressage Queen, I am just ahead of you in this recovery process and I had both knees done at once so my recovery is probably going to be much slower than yours but let me be the first to say what most everybody who is an adviser on this site is going to tell you... you are doing WAY WAY too...
  6. B

    Bilateral TKR learning to be patient

    Thanks again Roy, I have printed the exercises out so I can use them as a guide.
  7. B

    ALMOST FIVE MONTHS WITH NEW KNEE

    backstreet 110, I hear you. I had my BTKR June 25th so I am just past eight weeks now but everything you are feeling is everything I was feeling also. Nobody prepared me for just how whacked out you can get on painkillers, the nightmares, the paranoia, the emotional rollercoaster that you are on...
  8. B

    Bilateral TKR learning to be patient

    Thank you Jo. As I understand my PT I think that the exercises she has me doing, the shallow squats and the marching in place as well as the getting up from a seated position are done to strengthen my quads. I have a bit of a hard time distinguishing between strength training and mobility...
  9. B

    Bilateral TKR Hurrah, BTKR done!!

    Hi Layla, you about two weeks ahead of me in the BTKR sweepstakes. I too am very interested in following your progress. I think we all like to know where others are in this journey. Though we all know not to judge our recovery by anyone else's it is nevertheless good to know how others are...
  10. B

    Bilateral TKR learning to be patient

    Thank you Roy, I have looked at the articles and will endeavor to back off the more strenuous exercises that tend to cause discomfort.
  11. B

    Bilateral TKR learning to be patient

    1 My pain level when I exercise or walk varies from a 2 to 3. At rest, elevated no pain at all. 2 In the hospital right after surgery I was prescribed ozycodone 10 mg and hydrocodone 10 mg, oxycodone discontinued at two weeks. Since then I have had Norco 10 mg. every 4 hours. At my...
  12. B

    Bilateral TKR learning to be patient

    Thank you for the rapid replies to my question. I have read and continue to read the articles and the bones art mantra which are very helpful. It is so difficult to know how much is too much until you have the pain and then of course you know for sure that it was too much. I had at home PT for...
  13. B

    Bilateral TKR learning to be patient

    I think I posted my question in the wrong area. I now realize that it is in the bugs and tech area instead on where it should be. I have no idea how to relocate it here so I am just going to create another one. I am at eight weeks post op tomorrow. I had a BTKR on June 25, 2014. My surgeon and...
  14. B

    Bilateral TKR learning to be patient

    Hello all, this is my first post. I have actually left a comment once for someone going through some of the same issues that I was but that's all. Now I really would love to know where some others are in this long journey to recovery. I will be at eight weeks tomorrow. My BTKR was June 25, 2014...
  15. B

    It's about time I fix them!! BTKR Aug 4th

    This will be my first post on this site, but I have been using it for the past three weeks and it has brought me an immense amount of comfort and information. Part of scariness is the isolation that being almost totally custodial brings. You just keep wondering, is this normal, how long will the...
Back
Top Bottom