Recent content by Badbone

  1. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    All well at the moment. Still having trouble sleeping through the night, hard to find a comfortable position so on average wake at 0200, 0400 and 0600. Take my morning pain meds when I wake then try to sleep through to 0900. Been taking meds every six hours which seems to fit my daily...
  2. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Yes, things seem to be going well. Visited the Physio guy this afternoon, says I am doing well, told me to address my gait, lots of 'heel - toe' rather than keeping my foot flat.
  3. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Difficult to say. I am now at five months on the left knee and one month on the right. Things seem to be going quicker with the second leg but that may just because I may be a little less nervous at moving on a level. In my mind there is the initial weakness and pain after the op, then at...
  4. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Three weeks, started to walk around house with only one crutch. 95' flexion.
  5. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Day fourteen, just got back from the hospital after having the dressing removed. I asked why they used stitches on this knee yet four months ago they used clips on the other knee. Although the nurse could not comment on my knee as she was not in the OR, she did say her department much prefer...
  6. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Day eleven, much like the last knee. Walked with two crutches about 200 yds to the bus, ten minute ride, 300 or 400 yards around town, bus back and 200 yards back home. Comfortable while walking and on bus but pain came flooding in again after sitting for an hour or so. Get up to walk around...
  7. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    I am using those crutches that clip on to your forearm. Sometimes when things start to ache I find walking actually reduces the pain. Last time I slept downstairs for a month, upstairs now. I keep a pair of crutches plus a single one at the foot of the stairs with the other single at the top...
  8. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Now day eight on my right knee and four and a half months on my left knee. Like last time the pain has increased a little in right knee. Annoyingly the left knee is also playing up although little swelling. I suppose I am asking the left to do more work now so it is feeling hard done by. As...
  9. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Now day three after the second knee replacement. Feel much better than at this stage with the first knee op. Have managed to keep off the opiate meds, the tournequet damage not so bad. Still happy to go and down the stairs. I Know it early days but do wonder why the difference, my wife...
  10. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Back home after only one night in hospital. Last knee replacement we moved a bed downstairs for a month, feel so much more confident on the stairs I am now lying in bed upstairs. Wife has moved to spare room as nervous she may kick me in her sleep also lot of the bed taken up with my pillow stack.
  11. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Forgot to mention went for a four mile walk a couple of weeks ago, around Bridport and up the 300ft hill. Lots of undulating paths and grassy tussocks to cover. The left operated leg did well, a little painful on the way down but far better than the other leg which prompted me me find a stick...
  12. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Just had right knee total replacement, about fifteen hours ago. Done with an epidural, I remember the sound of the bone being sawn last time so asked for more sedation. Do not remember a thing of the op so happy. Had me walking with a zimmer frame about four hours later. Have not felt so...
  13. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Been told the other knee will be replaced on the 31st January 2022 the day after my seventieth birthday! So no getting too drink that night, instead decided to have an official summer birthday like the Queen. Left knee is progressing slowly, walking up to a mile or so, no sticks. Does not...
  14. B

    TKR Signed for second TKR

    Now at three months. Pain seems to be increasing in operated leg, general ache with pain down outside of shin. The numb patch on the outside of the knee beginning to bother me its the tingling at the edge of the numb area I don't like especially the material of my trousers rubbing as I sit...
Back
Top Bottom