Recent content by Axx72

  1. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Back online with bit of a Calgary update with the fall weather starting to turn. This time of year, with the onset of the cooler months, I usually mourn the end of summer but this year was so full with activity I felt like I did not leave anything on the table. Looking forward to winter and a...
  2. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    You can do it! I believe we can be our own worst critic or our own best inspiration! Focusing our approach and successes on every small challenge throughout our recovery adventure can help temper the human impatience towards healing and let us celebrate those little “wins” that get us to our...
  3. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    797.5km, 49:35hrs, 10,484m ascent. Over 7 wonderful days, my friend and I capped off our Flathead Loop bike packing tour with a century ride home to Calgary. We experienced many adventures, all amazing and some that will not be ‘do-overs’. Visited my fair share of ‘WOW!’ vistas. Shared an...
  4. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Great to hear from you. Still love to peruse and comment occasionally. I will definitely have a few photos to to share when I get back.
  5. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    @getpastthis I have to say getting my RTKR was like a new lease on life…. Not sugar coating it…. recovery was physically and mentally exhausting on myself and my family. I’d do it again in a heartbeat if I had to. I believe that you can succeed too! Since last fall I have started a bike...
  6. Axx72

    TKR Right TKR 72 hours ago

    3years post RTKR I have very little nerve feeling distal of knee midline down to 3” below the patella. Kind of an 1/2 egg shaped area. Have been cycling quite a bit and has never seemed to really bother me one way or the other. Just commenting as I have not heard of the side incision...
  7. Axx72

    PKR Recovery!

    Experiences like yours are inspirational!
  8. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    @Cycle-Path good on ya, I love it! I'm so glad my journey has given you some inspiration. I believe that if you put your mind to it we can accomplish our goals. I like breaking my journey into small steps so you get a bit of joy from each little advancement in recovery. Each little win...
  9. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    This trip has taught me to always be thankful for what I have because you really never know whats around the next corner of life. I appreciate your interest and support:)
  10. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Back to Calgary a few days sooner than expected. It is not with without the support and love of my family that I was able to experience such a wonderful adventure. As I sat in my little tent site yesterday, thinking about the last 75 or some odd kilometres to my house in Calgary, it is with a...
  11. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Missed a few days but Day 8: BC Epic1000 Gray Pass Campground to Cranbrook for 113km was a mental biggie for me. The feeling of achievement after climbing to the top of Gray Pass! I felt pretty emotional. Can’t say I really knew what to expect on this one. Arguably, a 17km, 3 hour climb with...
  12. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Day 4: BC Epic1000, Chute Lake to Kettle Valley by way of Myra Canyon! Spectacular!!!
  13. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Day 3: BC Epic, Link Lake to Chute Lake. 112.2km. Penticton Rocks!!
  14. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Day 2 BC Epic1000: Merritt to Link Lake. What a phenomenal experience so far. Every Epic minute of it.
  15. Axx72

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Day 2 BC Epic1000: Merritt to Link Lake. What a phenomenal experience so far. Every Epic minute of it. Goin Bonesmart strong!!! Step completed!
Back
Top Bottom