Recent content by ATPlus

  1. ATPlus

    PKR Andy's Boring Post-op PKR Thread

    Sounds like you're well on you're way. Good ROM. Are you using an ultra sound wand (elec stim you mentioned)?
  2. ATPlus

    Bilateral TKR Epic_Ed's recovery from BPKR

    It's over and you made it. That's epic!
  3. ATPlus

    TKR Jazzy4564's recovery

    Thanks to all for the good wishes but things have been delayed so I'll be an August person. I wish I were on the mend.
  4. ATPlus

    PKR Snooz is a "Snoozin" Susan

    I had my partial 8.5 years ago due to a meniscus removal 25 years ago. It was a Zimmer and is still in great shape (it does make noise sometimes). I think it would last my lifetime and it's worked out really well. I' m just sorry the rest of the knee didn't hold up. I've never had problems...
  5. ATPlus

    Bilateral TKR I am on the "other side"

    No rehab if things go okay. Going under twice will be doubly nauseating! I'll be happy to be at home after 9 days. I'll try the things BS recommends and the new exercises I've read about.
  6. ATPlus

    PKR Snooz is a "Snoozin" Susan

    That's exactly how I was after my PKR. I was content with going to the bathroom, getting something to eat, and a shower every few days. I had no energy and felt wiped out. I didn't have random jerking but have a numb spot were there is no feeling.
  7. ATPlus

    TKR Jazzy4564's recovery

    Welcome back. Wonderful that you're able to sleep!
  8. ATPlus

    Bilateral TKR I am on the "other side"

    @Lu.winslow glad things are going well. I was told I'll be in the hospital for 9 days for my BTKR. There is a 5 day waiting period after the first TKR and then I'll have the second. I think I'll be glad for the extra time and hope after my first, with 5 days rest, things will be a little...
  9. ATPlus

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    I've had a change in my schedule. I will no longer be a July Sparkler and will be going over to the August group. I'll be watching how all the Sparklers are doing and anxious to hear how things are going post-op. Martha
  10. ATPlus

    TKR Twelve days post op for my second TKR: left side this time

    You're an active person and eager to return to your active lifestyle. I feel some of the things you've done might've been a bit much earlier in the game but it is over 2.5 months since your surgery. The words @tiredwife gave about no 2 knees being alike couldn't be more accurate. ROM will...
  11. ATPlus

    Having left knee done July 22nd

    Thinking of you.
  12. ATPlus

    Having difficult time accepting TKR surgery

    You know all the things to do and not to do from reading this site. And you've gained lots of input from fellow TKR recipients. Try not to stress out!! It isn't good for you and it won't do any good. You've got to be anxious about surgery and the waiting is difficult but think of it as an...
  13. ATPlus

    Wednesday morning Sugery

    I'll be thinking of you. You had a extremely quick gain in you ROM on your last TKR. Good luck and hope you have another speedy recovery.
  14. ATPlus

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    I'm glad you're stomach is in good shape now. Being bound up, confined to a hospital bed, and at the mercy of nurses is frightening. Soon it will be like childbirth, only a memory. :bawl:
  15. ATPlus

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    Welcome back! You've put together a very detailed journal so soon after surgery. I remember the drainage tube and the blood pump system (and it's rhythmic sound) after my PKR. I don't recall being cheerful and alert! Keep up you're log. It's wonderful to hear you're doing well.
Back
Top Bottom